8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Mr Cheung Pui 419 Scam  (Read 14757 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Mr Cheung Pui 419 Scam
« on: March 20, 2005, 11:33:15 AM »
Yes this is a scam they take your money and you get nothing

=> <a href="http://www.419legal.org/index.php" >Click here[/url] for a world wide chat whose aim is to wipe out 419 scams

=> <a href="http://forum.scampatrol.org/" >Scampatrol.org[/url] can answer your questions about these scams

Although, I do not know you in person, I have received your contact via, personal search while seeking a reliable but obscure individual to assist me in this pending transaction.It became necesary for me to seek your assistance as I want you to assist me in investing my share of the money in your country.

You dont have to worry, I will do everything legally required to ensure that this transaction goes smoothly,it shall pass through all Laws of International Banking, Having resolved to entrust this funds into your hand, I want to remind you that, it needs your total commitment and diligent follow up.If we work seriously, the entire transaction should be over in a couple of days.

Note that i will be responsible for the insurance of the money before my Bank will give the go ahead order for the Affiliate company †to release the funds to you as the Beneficiary. And this will cost me about $205,000.00 usd of the total funds which is 0.001% of $20.5m usd for the insurance. why the 5% will be for any expenses that both party may incure in the course of this project.

I want to also inform you that 25% will be for you for the assistance rendered to see the transaction through. All you need to do in this project is to follow my instruction, and open an account for the funds to be duely transfered into it.

Firstly, I will want to know your occupation and how old you are. You should note that this project is highly capital intensive.This is why I have to be very careful. I need your total devotion and trust to see this through. I know we have not met before,but I am very confident that we will be able to establish the necessary trust that we need to execute this project.

The money would be transfered to your account which you will open . I want us to enjoy this money in peace when we conclude. So you should listen to my instructions and follow them religiously. Also You have to know that I cannot transfer this money in my name as my bank will be aware that it is from me. This was why I contacted you.

As the legal process proceeds, a certificate of deposit will be obtain from the company in Europe, with letter of Authirisation will be isued to the company. This will make you the bonafide owner of the funds. before then , a notice will be sent to the company in europe to notify them that you are now the legal and bonafide owner of the said fund all this i will take care of on my side . All these processes and documentations will be made possible with the assistance of the attorney whom i will introduce to you, we shall employ him, in other to give the transaction the legal right.

All these are done to buttress the legitimacy of the funds release documents, as the attorney will handle all legal documentation, processing filling, and issuance of approvals. We do intend to bring all aspects of the Project within the realms of all laid down procedures as obtained in inheritance payment transfer, thus giving the Project and the transfer itself all legitimacy needed and ensuring total consistency with all legislative requirements as it concerns my country.

It is important for us to ascertain definitely, the enjoyment of the funds with absolute peace of mind after the transfer. To this effect, all modalities have therefore been put in place, to immediately retrieve and destroy all documents relating to the funds release, immediately after the transfer has been made. The Lawyer is totally and must remain totally ignorant of the true nature of the transaction as long as you have the entire legal claim to the funds. Before I commence,I will need you to send me a copy of any form of identification (Driver's licence or International passport) and your current address.

I want to be sure that I am transacting with the correct person. As soon as I get these from you,I will commence the paper work.
Please furnish me with these details below:
(i) Name of Beneficiary in full.
(ii) Beneficiary's Address in full.

I hope you will understand why I need all these. The money in question is big and I want to ensure that I know you well before I proceed to give you all the details to commence the project. I will also send you my international passport upon receipt of your identification.

I will send the name and contact details of the company once all paper work has been concluded here for you to commence communication with them. I will also send you the contact of the Lawyer, so that you can contact his as soon as posible, since he is the one to assist us.I dont want any tellephone comunication†for security reasons,we can†commence on mail.†

Ensure that you keep this project confidential, do not discuss it with anybody,because of the confidential nature of this transaction. I wait for your urgent reply.

Regards,

Mr Cheung Pui.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Mr Cheung Pui 419 Scam
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 11:37:16 AM »

2004/12/06 @ 11:50:42 by Christopher Crespo: I've received a version somewhat similar to this with different wording:

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:45:37 +0100 (CET), [email protected] wrote:
>
>
> MR CHEUNG PUI
> Hang Seng Bank Ltd
> Sai Wan Ho Branch
> 171 Shaukiwan Road
> Hong Kong.
> 06-12-2004
>
> Good Day,
> Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. Cheung
> Pui director of operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd.
> I have a obscured business suggestion for you.
> Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client Major Fadi
> Bassem who was with the Iraqi forces and also business
> man made a numbered fixed deposit for 18 calendar
> months, with a value of Twenty Four million Five
> Hundred Thousand United State
> Dollars only in my branch. Upon maturity several
> notice was sent to him, even during the war early this
> year. Again after the war another notification was
> sent and still no response came from him. We later
> find out that the Major and his family had been killed
> during the war in bomb blast that hit their home.
> After further investigation it was also discovered
> that Major Fadi Bassem did not declare any next of
> kin in his official papers including the paper work of
> his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last
> time he was at my office that no one except me knew of
> his deposit in my bank. So, Twenty Four millions Five
> Hundred Thousand United State Dollars is still lying
> in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim
> it. What bothers me most is
> that according to the to the laws of my country at the
> expiration 3 and half years (3yrs, 6months) the funds
> will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong
> Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.
> Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is
> that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the
> next of kin to Major Fadi Bassem so that you will be
> able to receive his funds.
> WHAT IS TO BE DONE:
> I want you to know that I have had everything planned
> out so that we shall come out successful. I have
> contacted an attorney that will prepare the necessary
> document that will back you up as the next of kin to
> Major Fadi Bassem ,all that is required from you at
> this stage is for you to
> provide me with your Full Names and Address so that
> the attorney can commence his job. After you have been
> made the next of kin, the attorney will also fill in
> for claims on your behalf and secure the necessary
> approval and letter of probate in your favor for the
> move of the funds to an account that will be provided
> by you.
> There is no risk involved at all in the matter as we
> are going adopt a legalized method and the attorney
> will prepare all the necessary documents. Please
> endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters
> concerning this issue. Once the funds have been
> transferred to your nominated bank account we shall
> negotiate our sharing percentage and agreed on it.
> Should you be interested please send me your full
> names and current residential address and I will
> prefers you to reach me on the email address below
> ([email protected] ) and finally after that
> i shall provide you with more details of this
> operation.
> Your earliest response to this letter will be
> appreciated.
> Kind Regards
> Mr. Cheung Pui
>
>

Hang Seng is a major bank, and I've already notified them of the problem.

2004/12/28 @ 09:25:13 by KingPIG : Hey, I've just recived a mail from Mr CheUng Pui. WHO IS THAT GUY??? :D A scammer? I think so... If someone knows something about that please write at [email protected]. Thanks.

2005/01/07 @ 19:04:01 by TISNE Frederic: I've received a version somewhat similar to this with different wording:

[email protected]
Dear Sir,
Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. Cheung Pui director of
operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd. I have an obscured business
suggestion for you.
Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client Major Fadi Basem who was with
the Iraqi forces and also business man made a numbered fixed deposit
for 18 calendar months, with a value of Twenty Four millions Five
Hundred Thousand United State Dollars only in my branch. Upon maturity
several notice was sent to him, even during the war early this year.
Again after the war another
notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later
find out that the Major and his family had been killed during the war
in bomb blast that hit their home.
After further investigation it was also discovered that Major Fadi
Basem did not declare any next of kin in his official papers
including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in
me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his
deposit in my bank. So, Twenty Four millions Five Hundred Thousand
United State Dollars is still lying in my
bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me
most is that according to the to the laws of my country at the
expiration 4 years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong
Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds. Against this
backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner
to stand as the next of kin to Major
Fadi Basem so that you will be able to receive his funds.
WHAT IS TO BE DONE:
I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we
shall come out successful. I have contacted an attorney that will
prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of
kin to Major Fadi Basem , all that is required from you at this stage
is for you
to provide me with your Full Names and Address so that the attorney
can commence his job. After you have been made the next of kin, the
attorney will also fill in for claims on your behalf
and secure the necessary approval and letter of probate in your favor
for the move of the funds to an account that will be provided by you.
There is no risk involved at all in the matter as we are going to
adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the
necessary documents. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in
all matters concerning this issue.
Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated bank account we
shall share in the ratio of 70% for me, 30% for you . Should you be
interested please send me your full names and current residential
address and I will prefers you to reach me on the email address below
[email protected]
and finally after that i shall provide you with more details of this
operation.Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Cheung Pui

Dear Frederic,

Thank you very much for your response, and your interest in this transaction, I am also glad to note that you are noble and trustworthy person whom I can rely on for your capabilities to handle this transaction.I have not contacted anyboby but you for assistance.

Like I said before,due to this issue on my hands now,it became necessary for me to seek your assistance, I appreciate the fact that you are ready to assist me in executing this project,and also to help me in investing my money in your country. You should not have anything
to worry about. I will do everything legally required to ensure that the project goes smoothly,it shall pass through all Laws of International Banking Having resolved to entrust this transaction into your hands, I want to remind you that, it needs your commitment and diligent follow up.
If you work seriously,the entire transaction should be over in a couple of days.

READ THE FOLLOWING AND GET BACK TO ME:

Firstly,You should note that this project is highly capital intensive. This is why I have to be very careful. I need your total devotion and trust to see this through. I know we have not met
before,but I am very confident that we will be able to establish the necessary trust that we need to execute this project.

I am now in contact with a foreign online bank. I now intend that you open an account in your name in this foreign bank.The money would be transfered to your account which you will open in the bank for both of us, this is the best way,I have found,it will protect us from my bank.
I want us to enjoy this money in peace when we conclude. So you should listen to my instructions and follow them religiously. Also You have to know that I cannot transfer this money in my name as my bank will be aware that it is from me. This is where I need you.

As result of this,you will have to open an account in the corresponding bank. I will obtain a certificate of deposit from this my bank,it will be issued in your name. This will make you the
bonafide owner of the funds. After this,the money will be banked online for both of us. We can then instruct the bank to transfer our various shares into our respective home bank accounts. I will also perfect the documentations with the assistance of my attorney to give the transaction the legal right.

Before I commence,I will need you to send me a copy of any form your identification (Driver's licence or International passport) and I am including my work ID for your perusal and trust.
I want to be sure that I am transacting with the correct person. As soon as I get these from you,I will commence the paper work.
I hope you will understand why I need all these. The money in question is big and I want to ensure that I know you well before I proceed to give you all the details to commence the project.

I will send the name and contact details of the bank and their website to you so that you can commence communication with them.
Ensure that you keep this project confidential, do not discuss it with anybody, because of the confidential nature of this transaction and my work.

Please reply soonest.

Regards,

Cheung Pui

2005/01/19 @ 04:19:42 by Debby: I received this the same today. I am furious that they are using a sldiers name to scam people. This is SICK.

Mr Cheung Pui

HANG SENG BANK
SAI WAN HO BRANCH
171 SHAUKIWAN ROAD
HONG KONG

Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr.Cheung Pui director of operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd. I have an urgent business suggestion for you.
I honestly apologize and hope I do not cause you much embarrassment by contacting you through this means for a transaction of this magnitude,but this is due to confidentiality and prompt access reposed on this medium.Furthermore,due to this issue on my hands now,it became necesary for me to seek your assistance, and it is imperative for me to know your opinion
Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client Major Fadi Bassem who was with the Iraqi forces and also business man made a numbered fixed deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value
of Twenty Four millions Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars only in my branch. Upon maturity several notice was sent to him, even during the war early this year. Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later find out that the Major and his family had been killed during the war in bomb blast that hit their home.
After further investigation it was also discovered that Major Fadi Basem did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank
deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Twenty Four millions Five Hundred Thousand United
State Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration 3 years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.
Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Major Fadi Basem so that you will be able to receive his funds.

WHAT IS TO BE DONE:

I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we shall come out successful. I have contacted an attorney that will prepare the necessary document that will
back you up as the next of kin to Major Fadi Basem , all that is required from you at this stage is for you to provide me with your Full Names and Address so that the attorney can commence his job. After you have been made the next of kin, the attorney will also file in for claims on your behalf and secure the necessary approval and letter of probate in your favor for the move of the funds to an
account that will be provided by you.

There is no risk involved at all in the matter as we are going to adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning thisissue.Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated bank account we shall share in the ratio of 70% for me, 25% for you and 5% for any expenses incure during the transaction. Should you be interested please send me your full names and current residential address and I will prefer you to reach me on the email address below

{ [email protected] }

and finally after that i shall provide you with more details of this operation.Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Mr.Cheung Pui

2005/03/07 @ 13:59:22 by Steiner: i got this same e-mail. I am just wondering if anyone knows what happens if they actually go through with the process? I too believe that it is a scam condering when i googled this guy all i got was HOAX:Scam and his name. But, still i was just curious.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 11:41:09 AM »
Also Know to use this address: [email protected]
and this address: [email protected]

Dear Sir,
Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. Cheung Pui director of operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd Hong Kong. I have an obscured business suggestion for you.
Before the U.S and Iraqi war on weapons of Mass Destruction our client Major Fadi Basem who was with the Iraqi forces and also a business man made a fixed deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value of Twenty Four millions Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars only in my branch. Upon maturity several notice was sent to him, even during the war early this Year. Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later found out that the Major and his family had been killed during the war in bomb blast that hit their home.
After further investigations it was also discovered that Major Fadi Basem did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Twenty Four millions Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me most is that according to the to the laws of my country at the expiration of 3 years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds. Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will
Like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Major Fadi Basem so that you will be able to receive his funds.
WHAT IS TO BE DONE:
I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we shall come out successful. I have contacted an attorney that will prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin to Major Fadi Basem, all that is required of you at this stage is for you to provide me with your Full Names and Present Residential Address so that the attorney can commence his job. After you have been made the next of kin, the attorney will also file in for claims of the funds on your behalf and secure the necessary approval and letter of probate in your favor for the move of the funds to an account that will be provided by you.
There is no risk involved at all in the project as we are going to adopt a legalized method and the attorney will have all the necessary documents perfected. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue. Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated bank account we shall share in the ratio of 70% for me, 30% for you. Should you be interested please send me your full names and current residential address and I will prefer you to reach me on the email address below (
cheung_pu) and finally after that I shall provide you with more details of this operation.
Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.
Kind Regards
Mr. Cheung Pui

l[bE]izabeth Covington
It's A Crying Shame that You have to Much Time on Your hands...Get a Life and Live Legit....You'll get no where like this. Remember GOD doesn't like UGLY. You reap what you sow...Your day will come and you won't like the outcome.

Forget My name and don't bother me with nosense anymore I have very important real things to deal with in Life. NOT BS. Okay. [/b]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 11:48:00 AM by Bob "Lightining" Gould »

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 09:03:12 AM »
Date: Wed Mar 23, 2005  12:51:27  AM US/Central
To:
Cc:
Subject: GET BACK TO ME
GET BACK TO ME

Hang Seng Bank Ltd
Sai Wan Ho Branch
171 Shaukiwan Road
Hong Kong.

([email protected]

Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. Cheung Pui
director of operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd,Sai Wan Ho Branch. I have a obscured

business suggestion for you.

Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client Major Fadi Basem
who was with the Iraqi forces and also business man made a
numbered fixed deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value
of Twenty Four millions Five Hundred Thousand United State
Dollars only in my branch. Upon maturity several
notice was sent to him, even during the war early this
year. Again after the war another notification was sent
and still no response came from him. We later find out that
the Major and his family had been killed during the war in
bomb blast that hit their home.

After further investigation it was also discovered that
Major Fadi Basem did not declare any next of kin in his
official papers including the paper work of his bank
deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at
my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my
bank. So, Twenty Four millions Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars is still

lying in my bank and no one will
ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me most is that
according to the to the laws of my country at the
expiration four years the funds will revert to the ownership
of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the
funds.
Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will
like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to
Major Fadi Basem so that you will be able to receive his
funds.

WHAT IS TO BE DONE:

I want you to know that I have had everything planned out
so that we shall come out successful. I have contacted an
attorney that will prepare the necessary document that will
back you up as the next of kin to Major Fadi Basem , all
that is required from you at this stage is for you to
provide me with your Full Names and Address so that the
attorney can commence his job. After you have been made the next of kin, the attorney

will also fill in for claims on
your behalf and secure the necessary approval and letter of
probate in your favor for the move of the funds to an
account that will be provided by you.

There is no risk involved at all in the matter as we are
going adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary

documents. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this

issue.
Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated bank account we shall share in

the ratio of 70% for me, 30% for you . Should you be interested please send me your

full
names and current residential address and I will prefers
you to reach me on the email address below
([email protected] )

and finally after that i shall provide you with more details of this operation.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Mr. Cheungpui

Offline alton85cole

• Novice Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 08:19:56 AM »
Thanks for sharing. I thinks it will provide good help.