8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Jordan Freeman killed in riding accident  (Read 16943 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Jordan Freeman killed in riding accident
« on: April 07, 2005, 10:35:07 AM »
In  case you didn't hear, Jordan Freeman of Glen Rose was killed last night in a freak accident at home.  Everyone sees Jordan and her twin brother Jarrett run at the Pro-Youth rodeos, Region III and barrel races.  They are six years old.  Jordan's horse slipped and they fell and the horn apparently ruptured her spleen.  No news yet on the funeral but I expect it to be in Granbury.  Jordan and Jarrett are the twin children of Sissy and Todd Freeman.  Please pray for their family.  They are wonderful people and Jordan will be missed by everyone.  She was a little doll and everyone who knew her loved to be around her. 

Folks when I receive funeral arrangements I will post them also.  If you know please let me know so I can post for everyone else.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
Re: Jordan Freeman killed in riding accident
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 01:54:49 PM »
My thoughts and prayers are with this family. I can't imagine what they are going through.  <(' ')>
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!

Offline sjerrett

• Extreme Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 03:21:51 PM »
I just spoke to Wiley Funeral Home in Granbury and they are still deciding on funeral arrangements. 

Offline Dailyjld

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 03:56:20 PM »
Prayers  from east texas...............May God be with them................

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 04:38:36 PM »
O' my gosh that is so sad. My heart and prayers go to the family. I have family in Glen Rose.  He is close to my cousins age
Stefanie Medland

Offline TubTurner

• Novice Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 06:04:23 PM »
   So sorry for this tragedy, my heart and prayers go out to the family. I just went to a funeral yesterday for a dear friend that was only 20 years old who was killed in a car accident over the weekend. I've also lost my sister in an accident as well. Just remember god needed a little cowgirl.

Offline stormyblaze

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 06:34:52 PM »
My heart goes out to this family. So sad, the same thing happened to my niece 2 years ago when she was 7 years old. but GOD was with her and she ended up having a blood clot over the tear in her spleen which kept her from bleeding internally. That blood clot saved her life. It was nearlly 24 hours before they even new what was wrong. We never expected a little fall off her welch pony could do that kind of harm and  again it was the saddle horn that she hit. So any one reading this keep this in mind when you see small children fall off their horse or hit their stomach on the horn. They are just the right size for that saddle horn to get them in the stomach and you may not think it is that big of a deal. We didn't, we thought that it just scared her and knocked the breath out of her.
I'm so sorry for this family's loss and I'll say a prayer for you.
My definition of a successful ride is if I'm still on the horse when he comes out of the alley

Offline txbarrelmom

• Novice Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 07:32:10 PM »
O M G this just kills me inside..I see these kids at every pro-youth and its like family. I still can't believe it.Many prayers for the family....
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 08:40:29 PM by Bob "Lightining" Gould »

Offline txbarrelmom

• Novice Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 07:35:22 PM »
I must say I am sorry about that icon I did not intend for it to be there.SOOOO very sorry

Downthealley

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 10:01:52 PM »
OMG!!! I am shocked!

MANY PRAYERS for the family!! Ive seen these kiddos rodeo at some youth assocs and its just breaks my heart to hear this!!

<(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline sjerrett

• Extreme Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 08:03:07 AM »
The visitation is tonight (Friday) from 6:00 to 8:00 PM at Wiley Funeral Home in Granbury.  The funeral will be at 2:00 on Saturday at the Tolar Baptist Church and Jordan will be buried at the Stroud's Creek Cemetery on Tolar Highway going west out of Tolar.  Jarrett (her twin brother) went to 6 kindergarten classes yesterday with his step-sister and told all them what happened to his sister without crying.  Sissy & Todd are as well as can be expected.  Please say a prayer for them. 

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 12:20:42 PM »
He is being so strong... That made me cry!
Stefanie Medland

Offline sstevenson

• Novice Member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2005, 01:48:19 PM »
Does anybody have any info on funds that may be set up somewhere for the family? 

Offline sjerrett

• Extreme Member
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 02:34:45 PM »
Hey - let's put on something and raise some money or whatever Sissy & Todd want.  We can find out later and find an arena close somewhere.  OK? Maybe a kid's barrel race or something along that line.  Any ideas?  A scholarship fund for Jarrett?  Anything we can do.

Offline sstevenson

• Novice Member
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 03:23:16 PM »
That's a great idea!  That could become an annual memorial barrel race for youth!  Let something good come out of a terrible tragedy and keep her memory living in each of us.  I'm willing to help!  Maybe Glen Rose arena would be willing to donate their facilities since the family is from there.  That is a great arena and draws plenty of contestants!