8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Jordan Freeman killed in riding accident  (Read 16938 times)

Offline NFR1day

• Veteran Member
  • Runnin For HIS Glory
Re: Jordan Freeman killed in riding accident
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2005, 10:39:32 PM »
Just for some more information, She was working her goat-tying horse, setting him at the stake,  when this happened.   Her Grandpa was with her.   She was quite a little hand.   They had just joined Little Britches and were looking forward to many rodeos this summer.   God Bless
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 10:41:41 PM by One Slick One »
Don't cry because it's over;  smile because it happened.  ?

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline txbarrelmom

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2005, 08:58:15 PM »
I think the youth barrel race is a great idea and if there is anything we can do to help just let me know!

Offline acheela

• 4- B Barrel Horses
    • 4-B Barrel Horses
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2005, 11:22:10 PM »
I was so saddened and shocked to hear about Jordan, she was so cute riding that big ol' horse. Our prayers are with the family, I can't imagine what ya'll are going through. There's just no words to take the hurt away... I guess God needed a little barrel racer....
Gerri Boggs/Billie Sutton/ Brittany Williams
Gerri Boggs

spazzyjazzy

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2005, 11:54:11 PM »
Concerning funds set up for the family...Jordan was a member of the Central Texas Youth Rodeo Association.  At the rodeo this past Saturday, there was a note posted stating that there is an account set up for the family at the First National Bank, 400 Big Bend Trail in Glen Rose, Texas (76043).  The CTYRA is also going to have a silent auction at our finals June 1-5 with the proceeds going to the family.  Contact Debi Smith at www.ctyra.com for more information on how to donate items or funds.

Offline jarjarracer

• Novice Member
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2005, 11:55:33 AM »
Words can not express the sorrow I feel for this family..... remember to draw strength from our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ... God indeed needed a precious barrel racer...

Offline sgriffin76

• Novice Member
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2005, 12:46:45 PM »
I think the youth barrel race is a great idea and if there is anything we can do to help just let me know!

Please contact Molly @ Benbrook Stables 817-249-1001. She is the owner and might be willing to put something on for her. Tell her that Shae sent you.

Offline LacyinTX

• Novice Member
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2005, 02:29:55 PM »
Sorry for barging in. I just wanted to post this info from the Stephenville Chamber of Commerce

Marci Sullivan of Lone Star Arena just contacted The Chamber with the following request:

Jordan Freeman, 5 year old daughter of Todd and Sissy Freeman, was killed last Wednesday when her pony rolled over her in her own back yard. To help the family with funeral expenses, Lone Star Arena will be holding a Bar-B-Q benefit from 5:00 to 8:00 on Tuesday, April 12th at the Arena. Hard 8 will be donating the meal. A barrell race will be held in conjunction with the meal to assist. Marci described Jordan as "a sweet little girl who was a good, aggressive rider." Jordan had a twin brother named Jerret. Thank you for your participation and prayers in this family's time of bereavement.

Such a tragedy.

Lacy

Offline sstevenson

• Novice Member
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005, 11:39:50 AM »
I wanted to say thanks for everyone that went to the barrel race last night!!! 
They raised quite a bit of money for a small jackpot in the middle of the week. 

Offline sparkmanbaroh

• Novice Member
  • Lady Holly's Doc Bar
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2005, 08:24:39 PM »
We are so sorry to hear that kind of news for all the friends and family of these precious people.  Prayers are with you guys from Louisiana.  I have a little six year old rider and that makes you want to cherish each and every moment you have together.  So always remember God is our salvation.

Phyllis and Logan

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2005, 09:16:39 PM »
So very sorry for Jordan and her family from the Southern Tier of Western New York.  I have 8 grandchildren and one on the way due June 16th.  Of the 8, 4 of them are barrel racers like their moms, aunts and granny. Children are life's gift of a brighter tomorrow.  May Peace be with you and yours.
Cindy and the gang
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83

Offline turn-N-burn

• Novice Member
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2005, 01:36:50 PM »
I have children of my own and Lord knows I don't know what I would do.  I alwasys let my 19mo old ride in the saddle with me but I won't do it any longer without something over the saddlehorn.  My prayers and thought are with them.  I lost my mom when I was 11 do to something similar.  She was riding and her horse started to buch and the saddle horn caught her in the head leaving a perfect imprint.  It killed her.   I do pray for this family adn I challange all of you to place them on a prayer list at the local churches.