News > Losses

Scott “Kirk” Caudle Passes Away

(1/1)

Bob Gould:
 07/19/04 @ 08:56:58 am

Scott “Kirk” Caudle, 44, of Baytown, passed away Thursday, July 15, 2004 following a motor vehicle accident. Born on September 7, 1959 to Scott Lewis and Eva Marie (Fleischman) Caudle, Kirk was the youngest of three children, and had the distinction of being the first child born at Gulf Coast Hospital. He attended Ross S. Sterling High School, and as a teenager worked as a motorcycle mechanic. Renown around the world as a master horseshoer (farrier), his skills took him to England, Scotland, Canada, and U.A.E., and he shared his expertise with foreign exchange students from the United Kingdom and Australia. He was past president of the Texas Professional Farriers Association and American Farriers Association, and served as a judge and clinician for their competitions. He was an avid hunter and fisherman, and enjoyed riding his Harley.

Preceded in death by his father, Scott Lewis Caudle in 1964, he is survived by his loving partner and wife of 18 years, Dana Seligman Caudle; son, Scotty Edward Caudle, and daughter, Heather Marie Caudle; mother, Eva Marie Caudle; sisters Karen Mudd and her husband Bill of Beach City, and Diana Stockton of Taylor Lake Village.

A celebration of Kirk’s life will be held at 6 p.m., Tuesday, July 20, 2004, at First Presbyterian Church, 1715 Market Street, Baytown, with Dr. Richard T. Kleiman and Rev. Danny Biddy, officiating.

The family has requested that memorials in Kirk’s name be made to the American Farrier’s Association Memorial Education Fund, 4059 Iron Works Parkway, Lexington, KY 40511

Arrangements have been entrusted to L.A. Crespo Funeral Directors, 6123 Garth Rd., Baytown, TX, 281.839.0700. To view the obituary or place an online tribute to the family, visit www.lacrespofunerals.com.

Bob Gould:

2004/07/20 @ 16:48:00 by Kat Thompson
Just read the article on Kirk and was reading out loud to my mother and she said ,Well I was there when he was born.She helped open Gulf Coast Hospital and remembers the big celebration when the first baby was born.
So sorry to hear of the worlds loss of
Kirk.

2004/07/21 @ 09:15:48 by Shelley
I was blessed with the skills and craftsmanship performed by Kirk. My family, friends and horses will miss him greatly. Kirk's true circle of friends was shown last night as the church was filled with standing room only during his rememberance service. It was quite obvious how well respected and loved he was (is). I am blessed to have known him. I'd just like to thank him for everything. God bless his family and friends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version