News > Viruses

Sober virus now infects one in 22 emails

(1/1)

Bob Gould:
Rise of the mass-mailing worm...

One in every 22 emails circulating on the internet contains the latest version of the Sober worm, according to statistics from a UK antivirus company.

Sophos claimed that the mass-mailing worm, which has been reported in 40 countries after first appearing on Monday, now accounts for 79 per cent of all viruses the company is seeing.

Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant for Sophos, said: "It's still very widespread. It appears to turn off Symantec's antivirus protection and the Windows XP firewall. It seems to do that to set up future attacks." He went on to say that the worm is likely to be preparing computers to distribute spam.

=>  click here for more info.

This virus is an attachment it can not spread unless you open it. Never open attachments unless you are sure of what is being sent to you.

Rh0syn:

--- Quote from: Bob Gould on May 10, 2005, 10:57:22 AM ---This virus is an attachment it can not spread unless you open it. Never open attachments unless you are sure of what is being sent to you.

--- End quote ---

I tried so many times to receive this unusual email that contains attachment files. I immediately deleted this email because I am not familiar with it. So I warn also to everyone that never executes this unusual email because they can steal information in your computer. Sorry for this too late reply but I want to give warning to everybody.

SharisDelgadillo:
Toady these viruses are major issue in everyone's life. Viruses infect our system so badly that it will delete our data, and harm the computer.
This virus comes from the internet while downloading any type of file. One prevention is to use a legal antivirus in your system.

omarromero:
Whenever we buy a get a PC or Laptop the main issue which comes with it in advance is Virus. These are the main issues and topics in discussion for everyone that how to get rid of them,but there are still no updated and perfect ways available instead of installing the antivirus softwares.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version