8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Senate pledges to get serious about spyware  (Read 8133 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Senate pledges to get serious about spyware
« on: May 13, 2005, 09:41:58 AM »
Sinister software likened to 'someone walking around your house invisibly'

The US Senate has pledged to tackle the growing threat of spyware. During a hearing on Wednesday, politicians said spyware was a growing threat that required prompt action by Congress.

Last year, an anti-spyware bill died while awaiting a Senate floor vote. Now members of the Senate Commerce Committee are promising to avoid a repeat of last year's lapse.

=>  click here for more info
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Capt Jack

• Customer of Bob's Burgers n Fries Ranch.
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • Best lookin' Captain on the Seven Seas!
    • www.ginnysequinesupplements.com
Re: Senate pledges to get serious about spyware
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 01:13:45 PM »
When my brand new computer arrived from the manufactor with all the bells and whistles I loaded a copy of Spybot Search and Destroy and found five (5) instances of spyware on a computer that had never, and has never, been on the internet.  The spyware was in the preloaded hard drive.  So...ifn any one wants a copy of Spybot, let me know and I will send you one, or see me at Anna's show in Katy this weekend and I will give you one.
Capt Jack

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 01:20:19 PM »
I keep trying to tell folks that there are lots of different companies that install spyware on their computer, but sometimes I feel like it falls on deaf ears. Companies like Sprint and Lexmark. It may not seem like a big deal but the more of them that are running in the background the slower the computer goes and it makes it seem like your internet is slower.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline missviv2

• My son, Taylor!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 10:48:57 PM »
Spybot Search & Destroy is great and it's free!!!  Anyone can get it from www.safer-networking.org.  Beware.  I have seen other sights advertising the are Spybot S&D but are charging for it.  It's a free program that has kept my computers (6 in all) free from garbage on the Internet.  I also protect them with AdMuncher and Symantec Antivirus, but Spybot can help those that already have spyware on it as well as protect.
Help Bess Chaney, visit http://www.helpbesschaney.com

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 01:04:01 AM »
Personally I use a MAC on spyware or Virus problems