8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Thunderbird email client helps bring an end to phishing  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Thunderbird email client helps bring an end to phishing
« on: June 05, 2005, 09:19:46 PM »
 Developers of the Mozilla Foundation's open-source e-mail client have added a podcasting feature to its arsenal and improved its defense against phishing attacks.

Thunderbird already supports RSS feeds as they are commonly used by blogs, but a new patch will deal with Podcast-type content by opening a dialog box through which the user can summon a helper application such as a Web browser or audio player.

The antiphishing feature attempts to detect and warn about incoming e-mail-based scams that prompt users to enter information such as Internet banking login details or credit card numbers. Since January, the feature has detected dodgy Internet address data, but it will now also pick up any e-mail that requires information to be entered via an HTML form.

=>  click here for more info

As a side note Tamet has been using Outlook for years I sent her up on Thunderbird an she switched and never looked back. Setting up junk mail filters and having different emails go to different places is a snap. If you haven't tried it  go to: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ Oh yeah I forgot it's free!
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling