8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: OPPOSE HR 503, The American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
OPPOSE HR 503, The American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act
« on: June 06, 2005, 09:00:30 PM »
Because of the overall negative animal welfare effects that HR 503, The American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act, would have on all horses, The American Quarter Horse Association is OPPOSED to this bill.  As such, we are asking you to contact your Congressman and Senators to encourage them NOT TO SUPPORT this legislation.  As a registered voter, it is imperative that you inform your elected officials in Washington that this legislation is flawed and not in the best interest of the horse.  AQHA has arrived at this position by surveying its directors who overwhelmingly agree that humane euthanasia at processing facilities needs to be an option for horse owners. 

Click here to get full write up and email your Representative.  http://capwiz.com/aqha/mail/oneclick_compose/?alertid=7642931
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 10:42:11 AM by Bob "Lightining" Gould »
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.