8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Wills Point/Canton Arena Practice question???  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Kaycee

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Wills Point/Canton Arena Practice question???
« on: June 29, 2005, 11:10:22 PM »
Hey Y'all,
Are they still having the weekly Thursday night practice/JP at the Wills Point/Canton Arena?  You know the one that has the Cowboy Church?  We were planning on going out there tomorrow but didn't see it scheduled.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!  <HI>

Offline canchaser

• Sharon (smith) McCallum
  • Dinosaur!
Re: Wills Point/Canton Arena Practice question???
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 11:57:31 AM »
KAYCEE i don't know that they are, but the arena stays open.
there is a practice tonight at the rafter j arena between wades and classic in terrell. poles starts about 7 w/ barrels after. $3 each. nice and laid back. will have a jackpot after if anyone wants to enter.
classic has barrel practice on wednesdays, and wades was having it on mondays, but i don't know if they still are. there's nothing going on for barrel practice at lonnie's right now, that i know of. and canton has playdays every other friday night.
how do people get thru life without a horse?
"...I've been around and I've found that the going's easy when the road is flat... God gave us mountains so we could learn how to climb..."..Lone Star

Offline TX_CN_CRSHR

• Extreme Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 12:01:57 PM »
Where are the Canton playdays and how can I find out more information about them???

Offline Kaycee

• Novice Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 03:00:43 PM »
Canchaser!
Hey thanks so much!  We go out to Wade's and Terrrell Classic from time to time, so we'll check it out.  TX Can Chsr, the Canton arena is probably the one that is about 2 miles from my house which is at the corner of HWY 47 & HWY 243.  I've never been out there so I don't know much about it, sorry, but that is where it is located. I do have friends that go and they really like it.  If you are not far from there drive over there and there is a sign on the property with a phone number on it.  If I can remember, I will try to get it, but don't rely on me, I'm in a bit of a fog lately!  EMBARASSED

Offline canchaser

• Sharon (smith) McCallum
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 11:08:17 AM »
yep, the playdays are held at the canton city arena, can't remember the name of it, but yes, it's located right near the intersection of 243 and 64. there's a white sign that says canton rodeo arena, (or some such)
i THINK the playdays start at 7 and run late into the night. there's only 3 or 4 events but lots of age groups. barrels are last i believe.
i don't know the number, but you could call information and get Dr. Tim Ebberhart's (DVM) number and call his office. They should be able to tell you all you need to know.
seems to be a really good riding club, and the give nice prizes at the end of their season.
how do people get thru life without a horse?
"...I've been around and I've found that the going's easy when the road is flat... God gave us mountains so we could learn how to climb..."..Lone Star

Offline nillie

• Novice Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 09:18:02 PM »
KAYCEE i don't know that they are, but the arena stays open.
there is a practice tonight at the rafter j arena between wades and classic in terrell. poles starts about 7 w/ barrels after. $3 each. nice and laid back. will have a jackpot after if anyone wants to enter.
classic has barrel practice on wednesdays, and wades was having it on mondays, but i don't know if they still are. there's nothing going on for barrel practice at lonnie's right now, that i know of. and canton has playdays every other friday night.

Where exactly is this areana? Is it the one that is directly behind terrell classic? What days do they do barrels? Thanks!

Offline lwest0963

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
    • www.lifewave.com/lorettawest
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 08:46:20 AM »
yes the arena is on the county road behind Terrell Classic.  <:)
Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip.
– Will Rogers, humorist