8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: July 22 & 23 - Grand re-opening of Diamond W Arena - Alvarado, TX  (Read 19407 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: July 22 & 23 - Grand re-opening of Diamond W Arena - Alvarado, TX
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2005, 07:43:13 PM »
Jack are you a manure saleman?
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Capt Jack

• Customer of Bob's Burgers n Fries Ranch.
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • Best lookin' Captain on the Seven Seas!
    • www.ginnysequinesupplements.com
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2005, 10:19:41 PM »
You got me mixed up with the late, great, Jerry Clowers.  Now, he was a manure salesman, of course he called it fertilizer. (3)

Corky Barder

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2005, 11:32:10 AM »
Forgot one important thing -

This race is BBR approved!!!!

Offline Capt Jack

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2005, 11:41:39 AM »
Corky, a man I have admired for years and years, forgot two things:  First, and least important, the race is BBR approved.  Second, and most important, Capt Jack will be there. 8)

Offline debandbeau

• Da Sheriff
  • Mega Member
  • Home of the Brave!
    • Tahitian NONI Juice
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2005, 12:09:07 PM »
Corky,
Is this an indoor facility?  Also, is the ground going to be good?  I'm excited........hope I find a shoe for Prophet by then!!!!!!!!!!! 
"The ONLY thing that should be on your mind when you go down that alleyway is doing the best you can to help your horse do the best he can."     Kappy Allen

www.tahitiannoni.com/rodeo

Corky Barder

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2005, 01:02:29 PM »
It is an indoor arena, but it is not climate controlled, (not yet anyway...that's one of the things the new owner is going to add, but it won't be until this winter)  large doors around the facility lets the breeze blow thru.  Ground has always been good at this facility.  For those of you that have been there before, the roping boxes have been removed from the arena, which will give us a larger area to make a second warm up area.

Check out their website -  http://www.diamondwarena.com/  I think there are a few pictures on it of the arena.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 01:14:39 PM by Corky Barder »

Offline debandbeau

• Da Sheriff
  • Mega Member
  • Home of the Brave!
    • Tahitian NONI Juice
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2005, 01:57:40 PM »
Thanks, Dear............I'll see you and Destry in a couple of weeks!   :()&
"The ONLY thing that should be on your mind when you go down that alleyway is doing the best you can to help your horse do the best he can."     Kappy Allen

doc o lena bar

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2005, 02:45:49 PM »

Awe, man......I can't believe I'm going to miss getting to see you Deb.....I am entered up in Graham that weekend.  It is just 24 miles from the house.  I know you will like this aren though.  Diamond W is a very nice set up.  The ground has always been great, and with the Buz Post crew working it, it will even be better.  There is alot of parking, hookups, and dirt stalls.....

OH!!!OH!!!!  you have to check out the restrooms though.  They are too cool.......  The first time I was down there, I stayed in there for at least 15-20 minutes just playing with the motion sensered paper towel thingie, the sinks are motion sensered, and the toilets are too......  I had more fun with the paper towel thingie.  Dakota started growling at it everytime it would shoot out paper.  It was quite fun.  Rita wouldn't stay in there with me.  She ran off and left me in the restrooms.

You know me, have to check everything out........ >PEACE< rofl

Anyway, gonna miss seeing you.  Hope you can find you a shoer soon.  Maybe you can come up to Glen Rose in August and see us..... (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline debandbeau

• Da Sheriff
  • Mega Member
  • Home of the Brave!
    • Tahitian NONI Juice
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2005, 03:07:24 PM »

OH!!!OH!!!!  you have to check out the restrooms though.  They are too cool.......  The first time I was down there, I stayed in there for at least 15-20 minutes just playing with the motion sensered paper towel thingie, the sinks are motion sensered, and the toilets are too......  I had more fun with the paper towel thingie.  Dakota started growling at it everytime it would shoot out paper.  It was quite fun.  Rita wouldn't stay in there with me.  She ran off and left me in the restrooms.

You know me, have to check everything out........ >PEACE< rofl

Doc, you need to get out of your little town more often............. :yes:  There is this BIG world out there with all these gadgets..........Honey, you really need to get out more...... <psssttt>       :*

doc o lena bar

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2005, 04:22:10 PM »
I know, I'm sheltered.  Why do you think I get silly and stupid when I get to the shows.  I don't get out of my box that much. >:D <DUMMY ME>

Corky Barder

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2005, 04:30:05 PM »
I know, I'm sheltered.  Why do you think I get silly and stupid when I get to the shows.  I don't get out of my box that much. >:D <DUMMY ME>

Is that what it is...I always thought it was the alcohol. <DUMMY ME>

Offline Capt Jack

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2005, 05:04:31 PM »
Since I have not been formally introduced to Doc, etc Bar, I shall have to come to her defense against that dasterdly Corky.  She drinks only Lemonade (the hard kind) and has given up sniffing glue.  There, fair maid, the gallant Captain has rescued you from Corky's grasp. :)/\\

Corky Barder

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2005, 06:08:52 PM »
OK Everyone, I just got off the phone with Destry, he's just pulling out of Diamond W after having a meeting with Lisa about the race.    Put your dancing shoes on Ladies and Gentleman...and you too Capt. Jack.....Lisa is hiring a band for Friday night to go along with the free BBQ she is giving to everyone that pre-enters for both days.   And the meal offer has just been expanded...for those that don't get to pre enter, if you sign up Friday, rent a stall or RV space, and she's going to give you a free meal along with all the dancing you can do.  Now don't pull in at midnight and expect us to still be up cooking but while supplies last and the chef is still sober, come on down, we are gong to have a blast.

There are a couple of other things still pending, and I don't want to let the cat out of the bag.....cold....frosty....

I'll let Destry fill you in on the rest...

Oh, forgot something...you can all cheer Tamet on to the finish line!!!! GAIL

:RUN: GO SEABISCUIT GO  :RUN:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 06:15:11 PM by Corky Barder »

Offline ITDASH

• AKA: Bad Lisa
  • Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2005, 07:51:22 PM »
cold and frosty?? possibly green ?? 
:P   Lisa Downs   :P
TEXAS  God Bless Texas TEXAS

Offline Capt Jack

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2005, 08:03:08 PM »
Who do we call for the rv spot?  Usually at one of your thingys you do that.  Ifn I need to I will call her, what is her number?  ALSO...LISTEN...THIS IS IMPORTANT..The honorable Capt Jack has started a voluntary donation fund to get ITDASH out of the Alavarado jail in time for her to race.  Cash only, no checks. <DUMMY ME>