8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: I am interested in purchasing your (AQHA 8 year old Black Gelding)  (Read 4588 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
This was sent to me today. Folks when you put a classified on our site there is a link that sends you  to THIS PART OF THE FORUM! Make sure you read them and know what a scam looks like! The bold is the scammer. Also check out http://www.419legal.org

Hello,
My name is Nelly,i was born in the states but presently working in Europe.I am interested in purchasing your (AQHA 8 year old Black Gelding) from you and have it bought to my end. I really appreciate it if you can let me know the present condition of horse. And as per the shipment, i will take good care of that myself. I will be highly glad if you get back to with you last selling price and pictures, so that we may proceed..... Hope to hear from you soonest...
Regards....
Thanks and God Bless......
Nelly..

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: interested in your AQHA 8 year old Black Gelding
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:14:26 +0000

He is $12,500. He is in great condition. No health problems. I will only release the horse from my place after funds have cleared my bank and confurmed. If this is not a problem we can proceed.

To:
Subject: RE: interested in your AQHA 8 year old Black Gelding......
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:51:22 +0100

Thanks for your quick response, i really appreciate it. i want you to know that am okay with the price. i would make the payment by, certify cashier check. I would want you to give me the below information concerning the payment so that this transaction will be done fast.
Zip code:
Home Address:
Phone number:
Full name:
that will be on the check. As soon as you receive the check, kindly get back to me, so that i can instruct the shipper to come for the pick and papper work. I look towards your reply.Thanks... once again.
Nelly....

This person sent her name and phone # to these guys. NEVER DO THAT!

To:
Subject: Payment Assurance
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:26:05 +0100

Hi,
 Am very sorry my late reply, it was due to the arrangement am making. i just wanna let you that the check has been issued and sent. So, you will get the payment very soon and as soon as you receive it please get back to me so that i can inform the shipper to come for the pick And i want you to remove the ad from the site, cos i assume you sold it to me, i won't want to loose it for anyone. thanks once again and nice doing business with you. I look towards your reply.
Best Regards.....
Nelly....

Subject: RE: Payment Assurance
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:31:32 +0000

I quess you we just joking about buying the horse. Payment has never been recieved. No further contact please.

To:
Subject: So sorry for not getting back to you on time
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:45:57 +0100

Am so sorry for my late response since all this days, it was due to some reasons.I tracked the check on friday and i discovered it has not reach you, so call a staff of the post office which i used, to know the reason why the check has been delay and he make me understand that the check was lost  by them, and that they just fund it last week thursday. So please i am assuring you for the last time, that you will get it very soon becuase it has been resend this monday. I really appreciate your patient.
Thanks best Regards.....

Subject: RE: So sorry for not getting back to you on time
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:20:38 +0000

I do hope it comes soon...For he will be put back on the market. I ran him last night and a young girl is interested. I will wait till after the holidays

To:
Subject: GET BACK TO ME IF YOU HAVE GOT THE CHECK.....
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:00:12 +0100

Hello
                  I am sorry for not getting to you all this while it was due to my mom death cos she give up the ghost last week friday and right now i feel unhappy because of her death,well i receive an confirmation from my client that you must have gotten the check by now cos it has been sent to you via regular mail and i will appreciate if you can keep a closer look at your mail box  cos i will want a confirmation from you as soon as you have got the check.Awaits your mail  as soon as you have got the check...
Regards.
Nelly.

Subject: RE: GET BACK TO ME IF YOU HAVE GOT THE CHECK.....
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 18:03:47 +0000

Nelly... i got the check today. But I am at work till after the banks close. I work sunday. monday & tuesday next week. So I can't get to the bank until Weds. morning. My next day off. But that should give you time to make your arrangements on your end.. The horse is in good condition. Ran him last night and picked up a check on him. He is really doing well. I will hate to lose him. But he will make you a really good horse. I've got to get back to work. Talk to you soon

To:
Subject: GET BACK TO ME WITH THE WESTERN UNION INFORMATION TODAY...
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 20:44:47 +0100

Hello
               How are you doing today,..... i really appreciate your whole honesty and transparency in this transaction.Right now i feel unhappy cos of my mum death, i still can't believe she is gone.Now that you have got the payment, i would be needing you  to send the excess funds which is $4000 to the shipper today so that he can start with process of the shipment . Here is the information of my shipper of where you will get the fund wired to today,so that as soon as he gets confirmation from me, he will proceed with the shipment process, so that it won't be  any delay for the shipment.

My shipper's  info's is below.....

Name;THOMAS MICHAEL
Adress:3008 FULTON ST
BROOKLYN, NY 11208
U.S.A

You can have the funds send through this western union outlet, it's just about few minutes drive from your home.

FJOES MINIMART
800 W CRAWFORD ST
DENISON, TX 75020

KROGER #052
815 WEST CRAWFORD
DENISON, TX 75020

DJ'S CORNER STOP
930 N TOWNE AVE
DENISON, TX 75020

As soon as you get the money wired i will like you to mail me back with the following information so that i can have it forwarded to my shipper for him to get the FUND cashed...Please there is one more thing i will like you to have in mind that,i will be needing you to have the funds wired via WESTERN UNION,,and since he will want everything to work out fine  he will be preferring to receive payment via WESTERN UNION....i will want you to Deduct any Western union Charges from the Funds....

1)NAME OF THE SENDER
2)SENDER'S ADDRESS
3)CONTROL NUMBER (MTCN)
4)TOTAL AMOUNT TRANSFERED
5)RECIVER'S NAME AND ADDRESS
6)TEXT QUESTION AND ANSWER

i will want us to complete the Transaction  ,So i will be awaiting the necessary Western Union ....Looking forward to a succesfull transaction smooth! ly and quickly.....

Regards,

Nelly.......

Subject: RE: GET BACK TO ME WITH THE WESTERN UNION INFORMATION TODAY...
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 00:28:14 +0000

Nelly....I will have my husband put the check in the drive-thru in the morning. I will send the wire transfer around noon on saturday and email you the information. When will the horse be picked up? Does the guy come down here from new york? Is that where the horse gets transfered from to you. Is there any shots that he needs to go over seas? I want to make sure that he would be alright.  I don't want him picked up until the check clears. That should take a week.  So tell transport not to pick him up until next weekend. I will talk to you tomorrow when I have information.

To:
Subject: GET BACK TO ME WITH THE WESTERN UNION INFORMATION TOMORROW AFTERNOON
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 05:52:42 +0100

Hello ,

I really appreciate your mail,well i will want you to understand that the need to start the shipment process so i will appreciate if you can have the funds send tomorrow as you have said so that he can start the the shipment processing and to let you know that he will coming down to your location for the shipment of the horse so pls i will want you to have the funds send tomorrow afternoon and as soon as you have sent the funds i will want you to provide me all the necessary western union  information..Since you said that you will want the horse to be pick up at next weekend that will be okay but the shipper need to start the shipment process so that there won't be any delay..
    Well i am asuring you that the horse will be ok cos the shipper will take care of that and make sure he is in good condition.so i will be waiting for your mail tomorrow....

Regards
Nelly.....

Subject: RE: GET BACK TO ME WITH THE WESTERN UNION INFORMATION TOMORROW AFTERNOON
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 23:10:29 +0000

I have sent the money to you today. I went to Western Union and it cost $184.00 to send the money. The lady there talked me into buying money orders and sending them through the post office over night mail. She said it would save you so much money doing it that way and you would still get the money real fast. Please let me know when the shipper gets the money. The post office said they would bring it right to his address before 3pm on Monday. I hope this works for you in saving you some money.

To:
Subject: THE FUNDS MUST BE SEND VIA WESTERN UNION TODAY....
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:14:36 +0100

i don't think you have send the money orders cos the shipper will want the funds via western union and i believe i told you that you can deduct the western union charges from the fund so i see no reason why you will send money order cos it is not save ,so pls kindly go back to where you send the money orders or post office to get the money orders and send the funds via western union cos i don't the money and by the way it is the shipper policy that every payment should be made via western union so pls and pls get the money order back and do right thing i asked you to do,you just trying to delay the shipement and i don't like to kidding cos i called you on the phone and you pretend not to hear me i see no reason why you are behaving such a way cos my funds is with and are you trying something stupid on me.I will want you to get back to me today or i will be force to do what i don't intend to do...call money order back and send the funds via western union cos i have told you to deduct any western charges from the funds...

CC:
Subject: RE: THE FUNDS MUST BE SEND VIA WESTERN UNION TODAY....
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 01:07:09 +0000

Mr. Nelly Jones
You have reached the FBI unit fraud division. Your emails and phone connections are in the process
of being traced. This is to notify you that your cashiers check for the amount of $16,500 has been confiscated by Bank One fraud department. They forwarded the information that the check was purchased in San Antonio, Tx on April 29th, 2005 in the amount of $ 661.00. We are investigating your transaction with the party in Texas that you sent the check to. Please call me at 202-324-3000
Fraud Division and request agent Jim Reynolds.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 05:56:15 PM by Bob Gould »
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling