8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Proud mama moment....pics  (Read 4384 times)

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
Re: Proud mama moment....pics
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2005, 11:36:07 PM »
 :)/\\ nice boy, liked his bloodline too. My sis has a colt out of colonel freckles stud/ lady bugs moon mare, he just turned two, looks kinda like your colt. I plan on breeding to him next year. This year I lost out, mare didn't stick and I never caught it. <(::)> But she bred this spring to my brother's stud , Peppy Van top and Grande Zantanon on bottom, I got a pretty little girl last time she's a yearling now. I also got a 3 year colt out of a throughbred mare crossed on this stud and he's real nice, already 15.5 hands, my baby boy rides him and he's three too. He's a sweet heart, and has speed to boot. Ok I'm rambling, been out all evening checking jobs and now i'm just out of it (woohoo) (woohoo) >CLOWN<
'I'm your huckleberry' Doc Holiday

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 12:30:03 AM »
Gotta Big ole engine back there!!!! Nice!
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
Re: Proud mama moment....pics (Sad news)
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2005, 04:06:06 PM »
I got the news today that no one ever wants to get. That sweet bay colt has a broken hock. Scott took him to Scooter's today because he was swollen and we couldn't quite pinpoint what was going on. He's not lame and it blows my mind that its broken. My heart is broken. I'm not giving up, he's my sweet baby and he's got a home for life. He's not in pain, like I said he's never taken a lame step, just swollen. Scooter said he would be ok for trailriding but he'd never be able to withstand barrel racing.

I emailed Grits, sure wasn't the type of email you ever want to send.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline ITDASH

• AKA: Bad Lisa
  • Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2005, 04:17:18 PM »
awww honey Im so sorry to hear this I know you adore him !!  I love ya bunches  (((((((HUGS))))))))
:P   Lisa Downs   :P
TEXAS  God Bless Texas TEXAS

Offline rundown116

• Novice Member
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005, 04:30:26 PM »
Sorry to hear this. I will keep him in my prayers.

Offline Shanda

• Posse Member
  • Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2005, 04:38:53 PM »
Whit, sorry to hear this!!!! (((((((HUGS)))))))) 
I do my best, God does the rest!!!

doc o lena bar

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2005, 04:41:24 PM »
OH! Whit, I'm so sorry.  Just know you and your family are in my prayers sweety.  (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2005, 05:25:02 PM »
A silver lining to the cloud...... Just got off the phone with Scott. He had also taken Slider (5yr old) that I recently picked up out of the "trash" so to speak. He dumped my dad, or as my brother put it "Planted him like an onion" in the roping pen one night. Dad sent him to a girl and she said he just was too waspy, she never could trust him. Something happened between the time he dumped dad and he came home from her house because he was lame when he got back to dad's. No one knows where or when but he wasn't 100%. My brother told me to come get him to see if he was something I could work with. I was like -- gee thanks for the three legged horse. Had my chiro look at him, he seemed hopeful that it was something that could be worked with. Scooter checked him out today and found we have a fused right hock, but it is fused in a location that is "workable". He seems to think that with maintenance (Legend) we'll be fine.

Slider is by a half brother to Sparkplug and has the exact same attitude/personality that Pug has. He has good feet (which is way more than can be said for Pug) and good legs (other than the hock issue) and I look forward to good things in the future with this prospect.

Thanks for ya'lls concerns and well wishes. Its hard when you have such high hopes for them. Like Mama said -- at least I wasn't on him and then I'd always think it was something I did. Mamas can always fix any heart hurt  ~:()  A hug and her home-made chicken spaghetti -- what better medicine for a broken heart.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2005, 08:19:21 PM »
Sounds hopeful Whit, but still, I am so sorry. Hope things go your and your boys way and here's wishing ya all the best. Sounds like your Mom is one sweet lady. God bless ya'll
'I'm your huckleberry' Doc Holiday

Offline playindueces

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2005, 03:24:32 PM »
Prayers for your boys!!!  Hope everything turns out well for you.
Pam