8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Why do we do this??  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Re: Why do we do this??
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 07:50:30 PM »
Yall are a bunch of 'BIT O HOLICS'  rofl rofl rofl rofl
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 08:06:59 PM »
This is coming from a person when she ain't talking about horses she's talking about bits
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 08:16:05 PM »
nope you are wrong, when Im not talkin about horses, Im talkin about Ben  >PEACE<  Im a BEN O HOLIC just ask anyone that has talked to me longer than 15 minutes  :yes:
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Rheatta1

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
    • CampJunction's Ranch Home Page
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 10:50:20 PM »
 8)  I knew this was the right forum for me from the start!  Finally a place where I bit mmmmm..... I think I mean fit in  (((((((HUGS))))))))

My husband thinks I'm absoutely nuts - I have a tack room full of bit's & headstalls & seem to buy another one every time I go to a tack store, auction, show etc.

I take 3-4 to the arena every day & "try" them out, only to continue riding with what's tried & proven - my bit & headstall I've had for over 20 years.

But wait!!  There's got to be something out there - so if you guy's find it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know.  It would make my husband very happy becuase he won't have to hang another "bridle/bit rack" (woohoo)
"You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything"

"Live like you are dying but treat others like you want to be treated"

doc o lena bar

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2005, 07:25:43 AM »
Ok, to let you all know how bad I am about bits......I went to an Ed Wright Clinic at his house last year, and he told me on the phone to bring all my bits to the clinic so he could see and have something to choose from if he needed to make a bit change.  We had worked through the first session and he told me to cool my mare off and go back to the trailer and bring all my bits back down to the pad.  So while my mare was cooling down and he was working with the other few people there I loaded down my saddle horn and my arms and sholders and off we went back down to the pad.  I know his eyes bugged out when he saw me coming.  I had bits hanging off both sides of the saddle horn, so many that they all wouldn't fit over the horn so I carried the rest.  He kinda chuckled and still couldn't find what he thought would work good on my mare, so he put one of his on her.  Guess what?  I bought it before I left.  He told me that I didn't need another headstall, just to use what I had off of another bit in the trailer.  (Laughing the whole time).   rofl

kmh

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2005, 08:20:47 AM »

doc o lena bar, did you win the bit you were bidding on ebay?

doc o lena bar

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2005, 08:39:48 AM »
It still lacks 1 day on the auction, so I don't know yet.

Offline Rita Barnett

• Elite Member
  • Rita & Willows Starduster ( Booger Dan )
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2005, 11:03:35 AM »
I'm supprised you didn't unhook and load the pickup with them!! rofl  good think I had a few of them!

doc o lena bar

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2005, 01:30:26 PM »
I'm supprised you didn't unhook and load the pickup with them!! rofl  good think I had a few of them!

You did have several and I had left quiet a few at the barn. >:D >:D >:D He would have really had a ball with that many bits.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2005, 07:51:09 AM »
I thought I was BAD!!!  I only have 1 horse but 10 bits, obviously I must concede to you as being #1 bit owner  <ROCKON> <NOT WORTHY>