8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Win More Productions Proportional Payout for Oct & Nov Races  (Read 36473 times)

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
Re: Win More Productions Proportional Payout for Oct & Nov Races
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2005, 02:26:39 PM »
up to this point this has reamined cival  it will stay that way with no slamming or derogatory remarks  everyone clear on this ?

It's all cool......... rofl
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline ITDASH

• AKA: Bad Lisa
  • Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2005, 02:28:56 PM »
not you silly !  roflmao  I can just see you and I getting in a zapper war  roflmao
:P   Lisa Downs   :P
TEXAS  God Bless Texas TEXAS

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2005, 02:31:25 PM »
The fact is no matter how you look at it. 3D supports the industry. It is the people from the 3D who spend the most video buy the most tanner times and on and on. I remember when the 3D races got started everyone was screaming it will never work it will destroy the industry. But just the opposite happen the industry boomed the price of horses jump up the number of race with large purses climbed. Now the industry is in a slump. Producers and vendors are making less money. Something has to be done and as a vendor I can see that it could pull in more of the folks that do spend money.

I think the slump is related to things other than just the majority of people being unhappy with not getting a check. Fuel prices for one are killing everyone. You can't change that by paying more money to the lower D's and less to the 1D.

I think you are right Mandi. I feel the slump is largely due to fuel prices too. Also the fact that there are people are coming out of the woodwork trying to produce barrel races so it is getting saturated.
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2005, 02:31:43 PM »
Yes we are all having to pay that price for fuel. That is the cause of the slump. I don't know if this will help or not. And as far as new products profits are so low that taking a chance on something new is not worth it. Being as how our products are barrel racers I see that this may be a good way to get new ones.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2005, 02:35:32 PM »
not you silly !  roflmao  I can just see you and I getting in a zapper war  roflmao

LOL!! Now that might be fun! LOL!!! You almost had to zap me........my fingers were trying to type something really smart-allec -y ! Whew!! Had to contain myself! I'm not much on folks hiding who they are and saying things without thinking first!

Offline ITDASH

• Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2005, 02:38:13 PM »
lol that was my point  too  we were doing the same thing at the same time in different ways lol and dont make me  zap you you have been gone to long lmao

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2005, 02:41:49 PM »
Okay you 2 cut it out this discussion was just getting interesting. The fact is the 3D pays the bills they buy the products now how do you get more 3D people to the races?
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2005, 02:45:15 PM »
lol that was my point  too  we were doing the same thing at the same time in different ways lol and dont make me  zap you you have been gone to long lmao

Don't make me have to ZAP you!!!  <()>  rofl I can't be on here much longer today (going to look at a horse) and can't be all week either so I had to get it out of my system today!  <COLOR GRIN>

Bob, you stay out of this........you can't even spell your first name backwards!  rofl

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2005, 02:50:19 PM »
Okay you 2 cut it out this discussion was just getting interesting. The fact is the 3D pays the bills they buy the products now how do you get more 3D people to the races?

Now how do you know that no 1-D folks are buying videos?! Just because more people fall into the other 8 divisions  <PACO>  doesn't mean 1-D people don't want to see their good runs! If they weren't there then the 2-D would be the 1-D and the 3-D would be the 2-D and the 4-D would be the 3-D and the 5-D would be 4-D.........how do you know who you are selling videos to?! Have you done an actual survey? Have you interviewed these people?

(That ought to stir him up)  :)/\\

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2005, 02:53:38 PM »
I know just as Tanner time knows we looked at who buys the video's then look in the results as to where they placed. We did some research a few years ago just to prove a point to them. The biggest percentage was from the 3d then the 4d and the 1d was the last.

Offline ITDASH

• Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »
lmao girl you are having some serious withdrawels

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2005, 02:58:27 PM »
So because there are more of the 3-D people there and because they buy more videos, do you think they should get paid more for running a 3-D time? (Playing devil's advocate again).......

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2005, 03:02:09 PM »
So Bob, since more horses at the Kentucky Derby don't win first place.......should they get paid more than the first place horse?

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2005, 03:04:06 PM »
Okay..........now that I have sufficiently stirred you up........I'm leaving.........until we meet again.........adios my friends!!

Offline ITDASH

• Administrator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2005, 03:05:07 PM »
yall need to find something besides the derby to compare to  the derbyi s horse of like caliber competting with horses  of like caliber  your not gonna find a 5000 claimer in the derby just like your not gonna find me and speedy at the nfr   ( not yet anyway ) totally  different ball game