8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Win More Productions Proportional Payout for Oct & Nov Races  (Read 36471 times)

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
Re: Win More Productions Proportional Payout for Oct & Nov Races
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2005, 05:10:51 PM »
How proportionately?  I'm guessing similar to how the D's are normally paid out (when not equal payout)?
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2005, 05:19:31 PM »
I played with the numbers real fast on a spreadsheet and using the same numbers I posted before, but using the added money divided proportionately (30-24-19-15-12) things come out a little more like what I would like to see.

The 1D winner gets the highest check, but less holes are paid (not necessarily my favorite idea there) but the other D winners are getting more holes paid and a significantly higher check compared to the "old fashioned" payout.

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2005, 05:22:50 PM »
As it was paid out...15 monies per division
1D - $6904.62 (1st paid $1242.83)
2D - $5803.70 (1st paid $1044.67)
3D - $4886.26 (1st paid $879.53)
4D - $4152.30 (1st/2nd tie paid $653.99)
5D - $3601.83 (1st paid $648.33)

Using the MODIFIED new method - ESTIMATED ONLY!!!
1D - 5 monies - $3864 (1st = approx. $1120.56)
2D - 12 monies - $5439 (1st = approx. $1087.80)
3D - 15 monies - $5640.25 (1st = approx. $1015.25)
4D - 12 monies - $5281.50 (1st = approx. $950.67)
5D - 15 monies - $5862.50 (1st = approx. $1055.25)

Roadrunner

« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2005, 05:34:41 PM »
As it was paid out...15 monies per division
1D - $6904.62 (1st paid $1242.83)
2D - $5803.70 (1st paid $1044.67)
3D - $4886.26 (1st paid $879.53)
4D - $4152.30 (1st/2nd tie paid $653.99)
5D - $3601.83 (1st paid $648.33)

Using the MODIFIED new method - ESTIMATED ONLY!!!
1D - 5 monies - $3864 (1st = approx. $1120.56)
2D - 12 monies - $5439 (1st = approx. $1087.80)
3D - 15 monies - $5640.25 (1st = approx. $1015.25)
4D - 12 monies - $5281.50 (1st = approx. $950.67)
5D - 15 monies - $5862.50 (1st = approx. $1055.25)

I personally like the looks of that better, fewer monies in 1D but fewer qualified runs and the payout stays pretty equal yet is shared by more in the larger qualifying Ds :()&

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2005, 07:11:15 PM »
I am reading and considering EVERYONES opinion on this subject.   I still believe 2 heads are better than one.     I like doc's point about if you place lower in the 1 D,,, the people winning the 2,3 4,5D's win more than the people actually PLACING and not winning the 1D.   I think most people have failed to realize this.     Look I hate change to,,, and normally try to stay really well mounted,,, but let's not loose track of the main point here.....WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE INDUSTRY,,,,,,,,    NOT WHAT'S GOOD FOR ME..

With that said... here's another question....     Who would benefit from this payout....TODAY??  (Not on the horse that used to be, or "I had",, or on a good day....  I mean TODAY,,,,, be honest... you'll be the only one who hears your answer.

And in response to the "person" that said it was bad sportmanship and "Shame on the producer."

Blow it out your pie hole!!   That was totally uncalled for.   This was a civil discussion of an idea.   The last thing I need in life is someone sitting on the fence passing judgement with their nose in the air.   When was the last time YOU personally did anything to help our industry and,, not just help yourself?  We welcome your opinion,, but leave the attitude at the gate.

We are willing to step out on a limb and try something new.    This idea was given to us by someone I respect very much,,, Peyton Rainey.  You might know her as the woman who trained Hot Shot and made it to the NFR on him, twice I think!   I think her creditials speak for themselves. 

Like I said,,,,  We do want everyone's opinions. Thank God we live in a country where were still allowed to have them,,,without being ashamed.    :)/\\  The industry is ready for change,,, let be part of it,,,, instead of just watching it happen.

See everyone at the Town Hall meeting in Glen Rose.

Destry
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 07:28:09 PM by Destry Fleming »

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2005, 07:46:34 PM »
What Destry is trying to do is help everyone from the exhibitors to the vendors. A really good show is not just when the racers walk home with a check but when the vendors and the sponors can go home and say that was a good show.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Done That

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2005, 08:00:05 PM »
[quote author=Done That link
I think all the big entry fees, all the tacked on charges and the fuel prices are hurting barrel racing right now.  The income is not increasing at the speed of all the expenses being added on.  Pretty soon only the wealthy will be able to go down the road.

I don't think that is right otherwise there would be 100's or even 1000's at a show with a $20 entry fee instead of 1000's at a $100 entry fee barrel race
[/quote]

I don't consider $100 a high entry fee (depending on the added money), I was referring to the $250 entry fees that I have seen at some other events.  It seems a little much. But it seems you will see the large amount of entries at the barrel races that are run professionally, have good ground, and pay off.

Offline Done That

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2005, 08:12:31 PM »
What Destry is trying to do is help everyone from the exhibitors to the vendors. A really good show is not just when the racers walk home with a check but when the vendors and the sponors can go home and say that was a good show.

The vendors and sponsors do need to reap benefits from the shows too.  So I am going to be quiet and let the people who know what they are doing continue and hope they promote the concept of good horses.....good pay.  I meant no disrespect to anyone......if anything I said was taken in that spirit.......I apolgize.

Offline Capt Jack

• Customer of Bob's Burgers n Fries Ranch.
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • Best lookin' Captain on the Seven Seas!
    • www.ginnysequinesupplements.com
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2005, 08:22:01 PM »
The Brave Capt Jack grabs a whip and a chair...back...back...back De$try (pushing him back with the chair, poping the whip over his head)...back....back into your cage....Capt Jack slams the door to the cage closed and padlocks it......Okay ladies it is safe now....He is such an animal when aroused...... :yes:

Offline Rita Barnett

• Elite Member
  • Rita & Willows Starduster ( Booger Dan )
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2005, 08:57:36 PM »
1.  Is the Bar open yet?   Spppittt 
2.    Ok I like the modified one!
3.   But I liked it before
4.  Back to # 1 is it? 

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2005, 09:04:59 PM »
Give em a few more minutes 'stang' ......they finishing with the chicken wire as we speak!!

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2005, 09:07:50 PM »

Along with the exhibitors and vendors,  local merchants and the arena itself also benefit with higher numbers of entries.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 09:18:04 PM by Destry Fleming »

Offline Rita Barnett

• Elite Member
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2005, 09:19:56 PM »
  really I do understand what your trying to do and  your right  ( I think I have some chickhen wire,   rofl)

Offline Rita Barnett

• Elite Member
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2005, 09:31:42 PM »
I don't usually get in on these conversations.......so all I'll say is this......

Don't forget us slower riders.......we put a lot of entry fee money out there for you fast riders......

Love and kisses,
Deb and Beau..........and Prophet   (hi there)

I'm not as fast as I think I am  but I 'm with you   I have a 25 yo     back when there were not any big races for everyone  and even the little races there were only a few people entered   So this has changed the whole organization  and made it better and fun  and don't kid your self  I try to make the best run I can and work hard to do so  my horse has short legs!  and one speed

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2005, 09:53:19 PM »
I like the modified version and yes I do plan on making money in this sport. I may be crazy, but hey there's gotta be crazy people to let you know who's sane >:D >:D I also do this because I just plain love training horses, love competing on them and yes I intend to make a name doing it. I have been told all my life that I'm stupid, not able to go because of having children, not being able to go cuz I'm broke and I'm 39 now, i intend on doing it and I ain't buying my 1D horse, I'm making him. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. Now I want you to know Destry, that I just love producers, and honey if you researched it, you got the lady with experience telling you it's good, then it's probably good. I want producers to make money cuz if they didn't they wouldn't be there. I want vendors to make money or I couldn't buy things I want for my horse and my wonderful self and yes I will be there with bells on. I was just saying IF I had a super 1D horse I would waste him if he wasn't going to pay good. You know the one that I am training to take all 1D's money, you know the 1/2 a second faster than everybody else? >:D >:D >:D Geez I was thinking only one entry fee, which was mine was all I'd get except the added money. I'm not sorry..... I'm pretty good >:D >:D, even if I am only a bologna salesgal. Dance on the barrels Destry, I will put money in your briefs and you can leave the race happy >:D >:D >:D
'I'm your huckleberry' Doc Holiday