8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Laurie Berryman injured in riding accident  (Read 9790 times)

Offline LouBob

Re: Laurie Berryman injured in riding accident
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 12:09:21 PM »
Just for an update, I just talked to Tito and she said that Lori is doing much better. She has had a couple of rough nights trying to get comfortable and rest, but she is awake and responding. She is showing good improvement. They did some more x-rays of her neck and chest and those came back clear so she got to take her neck brace off. The swelling has not gotten worse which is great. Please keep sending your prayers for Lori!!!

Mindy--

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 12:28:19 PM »
Thank you for the update, Mindy!  Thank God she is doing better!!!

More prayers headed her way!

Offline LouBob

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2005, 03:08:12 PM »
Wednesday Update:

Lori is doing alot better! She is up and talking and feels like she is fine. They think they are gonna move her out of I C U today and into her own room. All we have to do now is pray for the swelling to go down and Lori will be on the road to recovery. Thanks for all the prayers and please keep them coming, she still has a long road of healing to overcome.

----Mindy
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 11:01:44 PM by Bob Gould »

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2005, 03:17:38 PM »
Prayers for Lori and her family.
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2005, 10:12:49 PM »
We went and saw Lori today.  She has improved faster than they expected!!!  She looked really good and sounded just like herself!  She keeps telling Dennis that she's ready to go home!! 

They expect her to be in the hospital for a couple of weeks but as soon as a room is available, she should be moved out of I C U.  Dennis said she will have migrains for quite sometime but other than that should make a full recovery!

THANK GOD!!!!!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 11:02:51 PM by Bob Gould »

Offline LouBob

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2005, 07:17:49 PM »
Thursday Afternoon Update:

I just spoke with Tito again and she filled me in a little more on Lori's status. She had a very good day yesterday, had lots of visitors, and seemed to be doing outstanding, however, due to the severity of her head injury, Lori doesn't realize the true depths of her head trama. Today was an extremely hard day for her and she may have realized now how severe it is. The doctors have asked the family to keep the visitors down to only extreme immediate family. Dennis and her mom are still with her now. She is unable to get any rest at night b/c she is still in ICU and there are just a ton of noises that prevent her from getting the rest she needs to heal.

So please keep Lori in your prayers, she is definetly not in the clear yet. She is an extremely tough-admirable person that we all want to see recover from this accident better than before, but in order for her to do that, she has to realize how serious she was injured. The doctors have raised concerns on a couple of things that they are gonna stay on top of to make sure Lori gets the best of care and nothing is overlooked. The most  important thing right now is that she rests and that has been very hard for her. She is so anxious to get up and out and back on to her busy life, but what we HAVE to make her do is rest, rest, and rest some more!

If you would like to let Lori know that you are thinking and praying for her or to send her your best, post on here and Tito or I will make sure she gets them or you can certainly mail her a card to the address posted earlier. Thank you all for your prayers and please keep them coming! I'll keep updating her progress as well so everyone can stay informed.

-----Mindy