8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Please Keep the Templetons in your prayers  (Read 7521 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Please Keep the Templetons in your prayers
« on: August 19, 2005, 01:00:17 PM »
I just got a call and it seems that Jim Templeton's daughter in-law works for a heart doctor she also has to use an inhaler. Everytime she used the inhaler it did something to her heart. The doctor she works for talked her into getting a simple operation that caused problems and she had to get a pace maker. Well now the pace maker has burned a hole in her heart. She is in Hugley Hospital right now and they don't think she is going to make it. Please keep her and this family in your prayers
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Please Keep the Templetons in your prayers
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 11:08:24 PM »
That is terrible!  Prayers for her and the family.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 09:49:17 AM »
Here is an update on Kimberly Templeton.  We appreciate your prayer list so much.

Kimberly Templeton worked for Heart Drs. As a Sonogram Heart Technician.  Somehow, her heart started racing on several occasions.  Her Dr. suggested and performed an ablation on her heart to slow down her heart rate.  It actually did so much damage.  It caused a lifetime of changes to her heart.  At the age of 28 she then had an irregular heartbeat, rushing heart rates, then unbelievable low heart rates.  After several ER trips, her same Dr. said her heart was dropping too low and told her she had to get a pacemaker. She got the pacemaker inserted and was released from Baylor despite that she was telling them something was wrong.

That night she was back in the ER at Huguley Hospital  Then again on Thursday morning,   They just kept sending her home and told her she had to get adjusted to the pacemaker.  As they were processing the paperwork for her dismissal, she had a seizure and 2 more seizures within a few minutes.  Her blood pressure was dangerously too low.   They started testing her and found not only her heart was failing but Gallbladder and pancreas were in trouble as well.

At this time, the new Drs. believe that the lead from the pacemaker was placed in a wrong manner tearing a hole into her heart and she bled 450 ml of blood into the lining of her heart. This is more than enough to stop your heart.  They will have to wait until her heart becomes stable before they do surgery on her gallbladder. 

She is in the CICU at Huguley Hospital in critical condition.   We appreciate and need all your prayers.  Thank you so much.

Templeton Family
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 10:02:48 AM by Tamet Gould »
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline turninthree

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 12:02:34 PM »
Prayers for Kimberly and the entire family.
Cathy Peacock

Offline amplifly

• Extreme Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 03:33:34 PM »
Anymore news on how she's doing?   Keeping her in my prayers.... <(' ')>
God is AWESOME!! :)

Offline Dawnya

• Official Wal-Mart Greeter
  • Posse Member
  • Elite Member
    • www.roadkillmercantile.com
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 03:52:02 PM »
I work at Huguley - I'll check on her tomorrow!
Beware of paranoia

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 07:39:39 PM »
Thank you Dawnya!!! 8)
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 09:20:48 AM »
Just got an update (and it is good)  8)

Update on Kimberly Templeton.

It has been a miracle.  Kimberly is now stable and has been moved to Progressive Intensive Care. Even though she is in a lot of pain from the fluid around her heart,  the Drs. are working with her to keep her stable and she is really improving.  The Drs. told her she may have a 2 to 3 month recovery time. 

Thank you for all your prayers.  And thank you Tamet and Bob for this "Prayer List" ! it is truly amazing.

Templetons

Offline cleburnecowgirl

• Novice Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 11:06:47 AM »
We will keep our prayers for continued recovery and some well deserved rest for Kimberly and family.

Offline Rita Barnett

• Elite Member
  • Rita & Willows Starduster ( Booger Dan )
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 02:33:12 PM »
Prayers for recovery

Offline alepinto

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 03:36:40 PM »
My prayers are with all of you.  Keep the faith!
Martha

Offline wars

• Wicked Witch Of the West
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • I'm a barrel racing mama!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 05:23:58 PM »
PRAYING FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY         WARS