8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: My Husband's Grandfather needs prayers!!!  (Read 5376 times)

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
My Husband's Grandfather needs prayers!!!
« on: August 24, 2005, 10:48:07 PM »
My husband's grandfather has been in ICU for the last two weeks. He is 91 years old, but still full of life. He has had three strokes in the past two weeks. They had him on a breathing machine and numerous different medicines, and last Friday my father in law signed the papers to take him off of the machine. All they are giving him now is morphine, because he is hyperventilating when he breathes. They said that he is in no pain, but he looks so tired and helpless laying there. Monday he had a bad day, his heart quit beating twice, but started back on its own. They signed a DNR on him because of his age, so now we are just waitng on him. Please pray that he does not have any suffering, and that he may rest easy.  <LUV>
Some of you may read this and think that it is pretty morbid to pray for someone to pass away, but if any of you have ever had to watch a loved one suffer, you know where I am coming from.
Thank you
Candy
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: My Husband's Grandfather needs prayers!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 10:55:01 PM »
I'm so sorry Candy.  We watched my grandfather suffer so much from cancer before he died.  My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.  I also pray that he has no pain or suffering. 

Offline turninthree

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 10:59:39 PM »
My prayers are with you and your family Candy,  I know what that is like and it is so very hard to watch them lay there like that.  I know God is in control and will take good care of him.
Cathy Peacock

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 12:54:38 AM »
Prayers from the Cantwell's Candy.

(+)
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 04:35:09 PM »
Rustys grandfather passed away at 11:05pm on Friday. He went peacefully with his family by his side. Thank you for all of your prayers. Now, could you please pray for his grandmother. She is taking it really hard. They were married for 65 years. She is in bad health also, and we are praying that she can pull through this. Thanks again for the prayers. <(' ')>
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!

Offline ANGIE

• Novice Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 06:33:36 PM »
I know exactly where you are coming from.  Sometimes death is the only way from the suffering, but it is only death for the ones that are left here on earth.