8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers needed for Mike O'Neill  (Read 10581 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Prayers needed for Mike O'Neill
« on: September 14, 2005, 08:50:41 PM »
We just in the last 30 mins got a call.  Our dear friend, Mike O'Neill (Pope Ranch/Big Bend/Marathon), whose daughter was married last Saturday night went to work some new cows early the next morning.  On Sunday early a.m. (4:30'ish) he went out with a friend to work at a neighbor ranch - the Slaughter Ranch - down around Sanderson/Big Bend area.  A storm came up while they were out and the two men were separated.  I don't know if Mike's horse came back WITHOUT HIM on Sunday or Monday.  But, it wasn't until  Monday that the friend notified Debbie that the horse had returned without Mike.  Right now, there are people, horseback & helicopter searches going on at the ranch to find Mike.  Please pray that he is found QUICKLY - that God will reveal where Mike is to the searchers and that they will find him quickly and we so hope that he is alive and ok.  Pray for Debbie and the girls to be strong right now, not to be shaken.  Pray for the searchers and all horses to be kept safe from harm and that Mike is surrounded and protected by God's mighty angels - to keep him safe from harm.

Lord, Jesus, have mercy today for this family who loves you and calls you their Lord and Savior, reveal Oh God where Mike may be hidden and bring him out into the light where he will be seen by those who are searching for him.  God, please protect Mike from all evil and calamityand provide for his every need, Mike is your child, praise God, in Jesus name, Amen.

Thank you, ns
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Prayers needed for Mike O'Neill
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 08:51:39 PM »
 spoke with Debbie's Aunt last night about 9:45.  She had spoken with Debbie who was on her way home.  The search will resume this a.m. at daylight.  Yesterday about 5:30, I spoke with the sheriff's dept and told them that there are people here that are willing to come if they need us.  I know Marsha & Greg Burger have hunted all over that ranch and know it well.  They are also willing to go.  The deputy said that there was law enforcement, border patrol & area ranchers and their help all looking for him at this time and they really had the help they need at this time.  When I talked with Aunt Jean last night, I asked her to tell Debbie that once she sees this a.m. who will be there to help and she thinks they need more people, to let us know here and people will head that way.  Kim said that she knew of 10 more Big Bend area guys that were headed out yesterday to help.  Thanks to everyone for keeping us updated on any "new" info. that comes in.  Thanks Linda for letting us me know asap.

I'll let you all know as soon as I hear anything that needs to be passed on.  I know nothing more than they did not find him last night.  So, please continue in prayer and thank you all so very much for your prayer and care for this family.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 08:43:10 AM »
Anyway, with a heavy heart, I want to let you know that Mike is with Jesus now and he left this earth doing what he loved to do.  He never wanted to leave the ranch for "town."  Seeing him walk his daughter down the "aisle" last Saturday night at the "Post" (the park for the big city of Marathon, TX) while telling her a joke about preachers buying and selling cows, I found out later.  I'll never forget that picture engraved in my memory.  He was laughing and she was trying real hard not to, after all she was getting married.  So sweet and special.

Several of us were heading out to be there in the early a.m. to help search.  We were only waiting for the sheriff to verify he needed us.  It was indicated earlier in the day, that they may.  But, this evening, when we weren't hearing from law enforcement, we knew.  Following is the email I just sent to everyone.

Thank you to everyone for praying and being willing to give of yourselves to help find Mike.  We were called earlier in the evening and they did find Mike.  He is in Heaven, now.  We don't have any more information at this time, except that he was found before dark.  They helicoptered him out and notified the family.  I spoke with Aunt Jean around 9:30 and she encouraged me to come to Marathon.  So, I am going to go down tomorrow to be with Debbie & the family - to help however that I can.  Please, please continue with your prayers for Debbie and the girls, that they would be wrapped in the arms of God, knowing His love for them, that they would be comforted by the Holy Spirit, their hearts healed and at peace and that they would be led with wisdom in the direction God has for them and every need would be met.  Thank you all each and everyone for caring for them so much.  I'll try to let someone know more and get the word out when arrangements have been made.  God bless you, Nanci

Offline Charlotte C

• Posse Member
  • Veteran Member
    • www.cunninghambuckles.com
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 09:25:39 AM »
Prayers for the family in the time of need. <(..)> <(..)>
My motto is from the Top Gun movie "I feel the need the need for speed"

Offline Jack&Sharon

• Elite Member
  • GOD BLESS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY
    • Sharon Brooks Mannatech
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 09:44:56 AM »
 <(..)> (+) <>< Our prayers are with family and friends. God Bless (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline Dailyjld

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 12:57:37 PM »
Prayers for the family.............

Offline stillkickin

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 01:41:17 PM »
News I received from a dear friend:

I just spoke with Debbie for about 15 minutes.  She sounded ok, as she said, for now.  She said that the guy that was with Mike last saw him around 3 p.m. on Sunday.  They had initially split to go round separate ways.  When the man got back to the truck & trailer, Mike wasn't there.  Then the storm came in and the water was so deep it was up over his boots.  But, he wasn't too worried because Mike had been in weather situations before and had stuff with him.  So, he stayed the night and waited for Mike to come in the next morning.  When Mike didn't show up Monday morning, he went looking for him and found Mike's horse headed back in, saddled and fine.  That's when he knew there was a problem and called Debbie.  They found him yesterday evening in a draw that was really thick.  She said that the JP didn't think that he had suffered and that he had probably been gone since Sunday.  She said another friend had mentioned to her that when everyone, friends & family were gathered for the wedding on Saturday, that that no one knew that it was a "going away" party for Mike, too.  Mike was so very happy.  Praise God for the hope that we have in Christ - that a MANSION had been prepared in Heaven for Mike when he went home to be with the Lord.  No more water leaks in Heaven for Mike to be concerned with.

For those who have asked, she has help for the ranch and waterlines right now - livestock is taken care of.  They are trying to find out what is required in order to bury him on the ranch.  She said that it will be at least a couple of days before Mike's body will be back from Lubbock.  But, they want to have services as soon as possible, which I will email as soon as I know.  People will be coming in for the service and she was concerned about having a place for everyone.  She said that she is amazed at the outpouring of people - even that don't know them - who have offered to help and went to help - even a shoer went to the ranch to keep shoes on the searchers horses, volunteering his time.  She is so grateful to everyone.  Thank you so much,

Offline Nevertooold

• Extreme Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 03:24:33 PM »

My prayers to the family... <(' ')>   <(' ')>

Offline stormyblaze

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 04:37:34 PM »
Sending prayers for the family.
My definition of a successful ride is if I'm still on the horse when he comes out of the alley

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 06:12:39 PM »
This is so tragic.  My prayers go out to the family.

Offline jodymc

• Novice Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 02:45:18 PM »
Our prayers go out to Debbie and the girls

Offline amplifly

• Extreme Member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 05:54:14 PM »
praying for the family... <(' ')>
God is AWESOME!! :)

Offline mburger

• Novice Member
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 08:51:06 AM »
Mike's funeral will be Monday the 19th in Marathon at 10:00 am at the First Baptist Church. <(' ')>
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 11:10:40 AM by mburger »

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 12:08:08 AM »
DONATIONS FOR DEBBIE ONEILL,  WILL GET HER ADDRESS IF YOU WANT TO SEND DIRECTLY TO HER.
MINE IS SHEILA ZANT
4707 HEREFORD RD
ODESSA, TEXAS 79764

WILL SEND OUT THE MONEY I HAVE COLLECTED BY FRIDAY 23RD

Offline mburger

• Novice Member
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 11:12:29 AM »
DONATIONS FOR DEBBIE ONEILL,  WILL GET HER ADDRESS IF YOU WANT TO SEND DIRECTLY TO HER.
MINE IS SHEILA ZANT
4707 HEREFORD RD
ODESSA, TEXAS 79764

WILL SEND OUT THE MONEY I HAVE COLLECTED BY FRIDAY 23RD
Debbie's address is:
Debbie O"neill
P.O. Box 366
Marathon, Texas  79842