8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers needed for Mike O'Neill  (Read 10444 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Mike O'Neill funeral
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2005, 04:26:48 PM »
Mike's funeral will be at the First Baptist Church in Marathon at 10:00 am Monday Morning.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Prayers needed for Mike O'Neill
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2005, 01:50:31 PM »
Bob, on behalf of the O'Neill family and the friends of the family, I want to thank you for posting the very important requests for prayer & updates in the search for Mike.  Debbie said that she could feel the prayers.  She was able to have the strength she needed to get through the past days that have been so hard.  Mike's service was so very sweet, celebrating the life of a father, husband, neighbor and friend - full of love, as is the O'Neill family and brought a salvation message at Debbie's request - because that's what Mike would have wanted.  The girls got up and shared some memories of their dad.  So many were touched by the love and strength found in this family.  Also, something else that your posting these messages for prayer was doing.... with the updates we were getting out, Mike's sister, Pam Deaver, was keeping up with what was happening.  Because of everything being so remote, it was hard to get phone calls out on updates to everyone.  Pam was able to keep up with what was happening, because of the service you provided on ebarrelraciing and she was having to travel.

My husband and I got home about midnight last night from staying 3 days doing what we could to help.  We'll be going back and staying in touch, as will others.  Thank you both and thanks to everyone for the prayers and the care, so very much.  You all have been such a blessing.  Please continue to lift this family in your prayers as the Lord leads them in the paths that He has for them and comforts their hearts.  ns
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2005, 01:51:59 PM »
Of all the the prayer request this one has really touched me. I feel so sorry for this family my prayers and thoughts go out to them.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline mssnls

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 11:48:57 AM »
Got this from the man that photographed Megan's wedding (Rick Vanderpool).  He wrote this as a tribute to Mike for Debbie, Megan & Shawn.  :()&

A tribute to Mike O’Neill…
by Rick Vanderpool 09162005

This world is shy one ol’ cowboy today;

Mike O’Neill has made his last ride.

He went out the way he’d a wanted, I reckon,

Workin’ land that’s hard and wide.

Sure, ranchin’ was what Mike did best, we all know,

But his life showed the world somethin’ else;

Yes, he left his mark on the Pope Ranch for sure,

And he left a big part of himself –
As memories for Debbie and Megan and Shawn

And friends here to there – sure, we mourn that he’s gone,