8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Remember Joann Hess' Dad in your prayers  (Read 6788 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Remember Joann Hess' Dad in your prayers
« on: September 20, 2005, 07:19:14 PM »
Hi All; We just found out that our Dad has cancer, the doctor said he isn't doing surgery and recommends chemo and radiation if Daddy wishes to try it, otherwise he will get him signed up with hospice and medicate him as the pain gets worse.
He will make the decision what to do within the next week. I guess we will abide by his decision. It's really tough, but I guess we're not the only people to ever be faced with this prospect.
Anyway, your thought and prayers will be appreciated.
JoAnn Hess and Gary Riley
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
Re: Remember Joann Hess' Dad in your prayers
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 10:57:16 PM »
You are in my prayers.........
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline toooldtocare

• Extreme Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 12:44:38 PM »
Dear JoAnn;

My prayer for your family is to stay strong and just know that God has a plan in all this right now. I lost my dad 2 years ago Sept. 22 to a valiant battle with cancer. There isn't a day that goes my that my thoughts don't wonder off to a wonderful memory! He is in God's house now but forever with me!

I am praying for comfort for your Dad and strength within your family.

In Christ,
Paula Porter

Offline Jack&Sharon

• Elite Member
  • GOD BLESS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY
    • Sharon Brooks Mannatech
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 11:08:53 AM »
     Dear JoAnn,   Just thought I would tell you how much we all love you . We will be praying for you and your family. I know how times like this are tough and need the support of others. We will pray that the Lord , will help your dad and your whole family ,that he will make it througt this .That he will look to the Lord for the treatment that will safe his life. May God Bless you everyday of this journey. Jack and I will keep you in our prayers daily.     We love ya. Sharon and Jack

Offline turninthree

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 01:00:11 PM »
Prayers.

Offline Tanner Time

• Posse Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 06:59:48 PM »
You are in my prayers!
Lanette  <LUV>

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 07:02:27 AM »
Hi y'all;
Just gonna take a minute to email you the latest developments regarding Daddy.   He's gotten where he can't get up and down, can hardly walk, legs like jelly, dizzy headed, and weak as a kitten.  Gary took him over to Sherman today to get his chemo and the doctor said he was too weak and he wanted to put him in the hospital to try to build him up a little and then talk about whether or not to continue with the chemo.  He's in Wilson-Jones Hospital supposedly for a couple of days.
The Doctor told him and Gary that the cancer was in his liver and his lungs.  There is nothing they can do and I can't for the life of me understand, why, then are they giving him chemo????
We don't know for sure whether or not he will be home at all.
We are hoping Daddy will opt to forego the chemo and just feel as good as he can for whatever time he has left, but it is his decision.
Talk to y'all later, JoAnn Hess and Gary Riley
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Neigh

• Extreme Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 03:01:33 PM »
I just saw this, and it's been little while since an update...no matter what the latest news is, I'm praying for all involved.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 07:16:30 AM »
Hello All;
We just wanted to let everyone know that Dad has weakened considerably in the last couple of weeks.  He's fallen 2 or 3 times at the nursing home.  Luckily he wasn't seriously hurt, mostly just traumatized.
Gary tried taking him for another chemo treatment yesterday, but he was too weak to get one.  I went out after work and he was very, very weak.  He can no longer talk where he can be understood, so he mostly don't try to talk.  He is fast approaching being bed-fast and he can hardly feed himself, so he is about to give up on food altogether.
We just don't see how he can go on much longer.  Please keep him in your prayers.
Our Moma is in the same home and she is very bewildered about him being so weak and sick.  I guess she's never seen him really sick.  We know she will be really hurt, they've been married nearily 65 years.  So, she needs prayers, too.
The whole situation is intolerable and is breaking our hearts, but thro the grace of God we will endure.....Thanks for listening, JoAnn Hess and Gary Riley

spazzyjazzy

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 11:22:19 PM »
My prayers are with you guys.  May God give you strength and courage to continue facing this heartbreaking challenge.  I also pray for your mom as she faces losing someone she has loved for so long.

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 08:45:04 AM »
Remember God loves His children... He WILL take care of you.   I just pray that you all feel His glory and love at this time... and may He make this most comfortable for you all.    Continued prayer for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Lord come into their hearts and comfort each one.........  Thank You for all You have blessed us with and forgive us where we have failed You... Amen........

Offline toooldtocare

• Extreme Member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 10:06:09 AM »
I pray in Jesus name that each day will come forth with comfort for this family and that your love for them will be in the midst of this situatiion and in their weariness they will find rest in you. I thank you Father God that you are always in control of every situation no matter how hard it is for us to understand.

Until we all meet again in heaven show us how to enjoy each day. I thank you for this family and the love shared between the mother and father for so long. I thank you for the strength that is drawn from your holy spirit.

Thank you Father God that you hear our prayers.