8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Corruption is for real in LA.  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Corruption is for real in LA.
« on: September 28, 2005, 10:27:30 AM »
For reasons like the thank you note below, and knowing we helped horses and the people who stayed behind to care for them, like Lori, and the officers of HARP makes these convoys all worth it...we hope to be able to help many more just the same...this Saturday we will be leaving at 5am from Summer Grove Baptist Church in Shreveport, La and meeting up in Lafayette, La at 8:30 am..Our first stop is going to be to the new set up facility in New Iberia...from there we are headed to Gueydan, La to Gordon Salzman's...I am working on another drop site on the TX side after that...I am trying to see about a setup site down by Port Arthur...working on the clearance now..and the place to go with it....No one knows except those that have been working in these areas and those that rode into the depths of hell on my convoy, how devastated these regions are.  Corruption is for real in these areas and my last convoy saw that for themselves,  but i will do everything in my power to get us to our destinations in the best and safest way possible..the last convoy all returned safely, but a tired bunch of troopers and I want to thank them all from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me to the end..It was a long ride, but so worth it when we finally arrived at our final destination..and as Lori thanks everyone below, you can see it is heartfelt...so y'all can go to sleep tonight knowing in your heart, you helped some much needed horses and people that were in desperate need...the first convoy in to Lori had been diverted by some corrupt people, and knowing that when I went in, from Lori's hysterical phone calls all day, I knew what was up when I wasn't taken to my destination...I did what was needed to be done to get my convoy and people on the road to where we were going , and it worked...I just wanted to get us out of the situation peacefully knowing I was coming back to make sure they didn't  do it again...and I have filed the proper complaint with the proper authorities...that is what Lori is talking about in the email below...people have asked me about the white horse, and were interested in adopting the horse...the horse is not for adoption....the horse was pulled out of the sludge in NO...after almost 2 weeks of no feed, water, and had drank salt water...the horse is now blind, and suffering...the owner is there and aware of what her horse has suffered...they are trying to get some weight back on the horse now from what I have learned from Lori....and they are suppose to be moving the horse from the vet clinic...I hope to have a lot of you join us on this convoy this weekend and look forward to meeting each and every one of you that hasn't rode before, and welcome those back that have...You guys are true HHEROS to do all that you are doing....Tomorrow at 7am I have an 18 wheeler of supplies coming in from Rhode Island...I have to pick up the wonderful director Dr. Finnocchio who has generously pulled the people from RI together to put together this wonderful donation.  He will be leaving Saturday but we are trying to get him to stay til Sunday so he can accompany us to the devastated regions and see how his generous offer will be distributed to those in need...I look forward to meeting him and picking him up at the airport...his generous state has also donated 2 18 wheelers to the HSUS here in Shreveport as they and the Animal Control Services here are boarding many, many dogs, cats, ferrets, and birds from those displaced from Katrina and Rita...Update more tomorrow night...take care and God Bless...be patient with my updates...i have to work my real job during the day..yes I have one of those, and they have been patient with me, but I do have to do my work ,,,and then I can horseplay...my husband and I run a machine shop,,,I told him his wife needs an assistant and he says my husband does too...so before he finds  a new one, I best stick around and do my job...

[email protected] wrote:
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:06:01 -0400
To: <[email protected]>
CC:

Debra my Hero , I love you to death including the famous hat .I want one .! I want to thank you and Hopeful Haven personally for your heroic efforts on behalf of the Rescue Ranch . If it wouldnt have been for your organiztional skills and keen way of dealing with my local police and vet the horses  and other animals down here would be very bad off. Thank God you kept me calm and kept trudgeing on till you got to me . I was just about hysterical by the time you were almost here. I could just see what would have happened had you not been here to rescue me! Your much needed support was a GOD send .I was just about out of hope . Thank you Debra . I trust you and your organization . I know that you and I have the same  beliefs .God just let us help and be a blessing .The animals in my care come first . Your whole convey made great sacrifices for us and dont think we didnt appreciate it for one minute . we could not have made it one moment longer with out your love and support .God Bless You and friends  . Respectfully , Lori Wilson President / Director Rescue Ranch Belle Chasse La.   

Respectfully yours,

Debra Barlow
President

P.O. Box 17763
Shreveport, La 71138

Phone numbers:
318-925-4272 home
318-797-6043 fax
318-286-3116 cell
318-7977464 work mon-thur 8-4 fri 8-1
"If ever a horse needs a helping hand, Please God, Let it be ours"
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling