8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Gate problems  (Read 3719 times)

Offline cowgirlup012002

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Gate problems
« on: September 29, 2005, 12:07:28 PM »
I have a mare that I bought in March, when I got her she went in the arena ok, some times she would back up and not stop but then she would walk right in. She was doing good until July when she got really bad about going in she would refuse the gate. Some times she will walk up with a horse, now she tries to kick a horse when some one is trying to help me. If there is no alley she will go every where but the arena. So I took her to a very well know chiropractor and got her worked on, we thought she was ok. At the end of July she ran past the first barrel 2 days in a row so I took her home. I took her to the vet he couldn't find any thing wrong with her, so then I took her to another chiropractor type guy. She was out in a lot of different places, he fixed her and said she is completely sound. I gave her about a month and a half off, just exercising her and taking her to barrel races and walking her through the pattern and in and out of the alley. Then I started running her again and she was doing really good in the alley walking in and running and running really nice patterns. Then I took her to the same arena that I ran her at the end of July, she walked right in the first day and gave me one of the best runs ever. This arena has no alley. The second day she would walk in the arena any time then when it was my time to run she started pulling the same stuff she did in July. I do not know what her problem is. Ed has worked with this mare before, the previous owner had him work on her and help the owner out too. I am at the point where I want to sell her because I just don't know what else to do. I do not practice the pattern on her, I ride her out on a race track most of the time. She is a very hot mare, always nervous and never really relaxes. If you have any suggestions that would be great.
Thanks
Kristin

Have you ever had this mare scoped to see if she has ulcers???
Martha Wright
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 07:36:45 PM by Bob Gould »