8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Destry Flemings Grandmother  (Read 9030 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Destry Flemings Grandmother
« on: November 07, 2005, 06:31:56 PM »
I dont image many of you knew why Destry wasnt at the Durant Race this past weekend (their Season Finale).  His grandmother who has been living with them for over a yr now, became very ill before the show and was put in the hospital.  Her prognosis is not good and Destry wanted to be with her during this time.  Please keep him and his grandmother in your prayers.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
Re: Destry Flemings Grandmother
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 06:53:40 PM »
Prayers for Destry and his Grandma........ (+)
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline roany

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 07:25:57 PM »
Destry,

We have been thinking of you and nanny all weekend.  Our prayers are with you both. If you need anything please dont hesitate to call.

Jim and Stacey

Offline turninthree

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 08:23:42 PM »
Keeping you in my prayers.

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 09:54:27 AM »
Prayers for comfort for you all... chin up!!

Offline Neigh

• Extreme Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 10:43:11 AM »
How sad.  I have a Nanny, too.  Grandmother's are very, very special!  Prayers that sadness will soon turn to gladness.

Offline alepinto

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 06:09:58 PM »
Destry, God will bless you for putting your grandmother first over the barrel race.  We missed you but I know what a comfort it must be to your grandmother to have you with her during this time.  My prayers are with you and your grandmother.  God bless, Martha

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 12:46:32 PM »
Yall need to flood your prayers for Destry today.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 12:51:20 PM »
What's up Tamet?   Is she doing worse?   

OH Please Lord give them comfort right now.....  Just touch them now and let them feel Your great presence!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please keep us posted on her Tamet.....

Offline roany

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 02:27:50 PM »
Destry,

Still thinking of you both daily.
We are still saying many many prayers for you and Nanny.

Jim and Stacey

(((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 04:05:46 PM »
ANY NEWS????????   How is she?  How is Destry holding up???

We are with you!!!!   In our hearts!!

Keeping you lifted high with God's love...

Offline Kaycee

• Novice Member
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 11:13:21 PM »
Destry, Nanny and Corky,
We hope y'all are holding up as well as can be expected.  God bless you all.  We are thinking about you. 
Cori and Troy

Offline Rita Barnett

• Elite Member
  • Rita & Willows Starduster ( Booger Dan )
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 07:31:32 AM »
Destry  Your in my prayers 

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
Re: Destry Fleming's Grandmother
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 02:52:38 PM »
I wished there was a way that I could express how much y'all have touched my heart.  I mean REALLY TOUCHED MY HEART.  This has been an incredibly tough time to me (both of us).  Watching my Nanny slip away without Corky here to lean on has been hard to say the least.  To top it off,  the BB posts about Durant felt like someone was taking a knife and  shoving it in and twisting it.  I have come to realize that VERY FEW of US know just how hurtful words can be.   I thank God for the love of close friends. I have gained much of strength from your love and prayers.

Without going into any gruesome details I will just say that she is quickly deteriorating,,,being the incredible woman she has always been..she is fighting it for all she is worth.  One of the last things she said to me was that she hating leaving me like this.  It just broke my heart.  The Dr's have told us she could pass at any moment.  They can tell that she is incredibly strong willed and have told us that her passing will have to be on her terms.  Y'all still wonder where I get that trait from? 

From the bottom of my heart "Thank You."   It makes my chest swell to know that we have touch so many people and  made soooo many good friends.  I hope y'all know that we feel the same way about you. 

Destry

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 03:38:54 PM »
Awe Destry.. I am so sorry.....  to be hurt so many ways lately..  don't let the BB thing upset you..  That's just some one that is very immature.  There will be many selfish people go through our lives.  We should pray for them too.   

For now... take the shoulders of all the people who love and care for you...   FEEL THEM??? They are all around you!  And they are holding you and your nanny now..   I wish I could tell her what a great grandson she has in you..(I am positive she knows this)  but for her to know how YOU have touched so many others would make her so very proud.

Again.. I pray for comfort..