8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Adopt a family for Christmas this year  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Adopt a family for Christmas this year
« on: November 15, 2005, 10:05:11 AM »
Ok people!!! Now we need more committments than 5???!!! I know it's the holidays, but come on!  $10 a month for four months is peanuts.  I also would like to know who would be interested in adopting a family for Christmas this year?  If you are, please call me and I will give you the name of a family to adopt and you can also help on a personal level.  Remember, these people have lost almost everything. Christmas looks bleak this year.  Their are no smiles on these farmers faces.  Just a look of worry about what they are going to do.  There is no talk of the holidays.  Just of how they are going to survive.  I ask you again to please reach deep one more time and make just a $10 a month committment for the next four months.  You can make it all in one payment or in 4.  However, you wish, just please help.  We have delivered approximately 92.5 tons of feed as of this  weekend!!! That is awesome people!!! And it couldn't have been done without each of you!!  Everybody has been awesome in their contributing.  Whether it be by sending out requests for us, going with us...doing media coverage, you all have shared in making it happen.  And we don't have that much longer to go. I will do the leg work, as long as it takes, if you just help me get what is needed to keep it going.
Enclosed are pics I took this morning! Hay fields are gone.  There are blocks where people's homes once stood and are now floated out in the pastures...Hay fields are still covered with salt water.  People are living in RV's trying to gut and rebuild their hurricane stricken homes.  All have looks of despair on their faces.  Where do you start?  People helping people.  Right now they are out in the fields trying desperately to salvage the sugar cane fields, while we sit in the comfort of our every day life with none of the worries these people have.  Please, I ask you again, to commit to $10 a month for the next four months!!!!   Those that can do more, can, or you can also adopt a family for Christmas.  4-H clubs and Pony Clubs and children at schools that want to help can!!! Tell them to email me and I will let them know how.  They will be able to help on a personal level. We are assisting over 50 ranches at this  time.  Let's please help these people get through the holidays.  Never will you find such a wonderful group of appreciative people.
Think of what you can do while you view the pictures.  Their family members graves are overturned.  How would you feel if that was your child, your mother or father, husband, brother, or sister.  Let's try to give these people some sort of comfort!! Please crosspost my emails to all other organizations.  Your help is greatly and humbly appreciated!!! Please commit to your $10 a month for four months today!!!

Respectfully yours,

Debra Barlow
President &
Animal Cruelty Investigator

P.O. Box 17763
Shreveport, La 71138
www.hopefulhaven.com

Phone numbers:
318-925-4272 home
318-797-6043 fax
318-286-3116 cell
318-7977464 work mon-thur 8-4 fri 8-1
"If ever a horse needs a helping hand, Please God, Let it be ours"
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling