8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: pray for teen in jail  (Read 4668 times)

spazzyjazzy

pray for teen in jail
« on: December 19, 2005, 12:19:39 AM »
Please pray for a teen that I have worked with who fell in with the wrong crowd recently and was just arrested for her involvement in a crime.  I can still remember the day when she was 9 and came to sign up for lessons.  She was basically raising herself even at that age.  She often worked for her lessons and was always willing to ride any horse anybody wanted ridden.  Up until 5 months ago she was very active in barrel racing and riding but was always looking for someone to "love" and care about her.  With an absentee father and a mother facing her own mental health issues, she did not get the love and guidance within her home that she needed.  Unfortunately she found what she thought she needed with a very undesirable male and his older friends.  I wish I had called to check on her when she quite suddenly quit coming around.  I know and truly believe that God can take this bad thing and use it to change her heart and help her start on a new path.  Please pray for her to be receptive to His forgiveness and have the courage to face the legal consequences of her choices.  I pray too that she will know that she is not alone. 

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
Re: pray for teen in jail
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 06:22:42 AM »
SJ, Please don't blame yourself for not checking up on this girl. None of us can be everything for everybody in this world. Like you said, we can pray and hope she gets the lessons that she needs to learn in her life. Let's pray that God lays a heavy dose of love on her heart and that she totally turns her life around for the better and stays away from the wrong crowds.
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.