8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: SADDLE PADS:100% Wool v.s. Impact Gel ???  (Read 8857 times)

Offline canchaser253

• Elite Member
  • Shelby Nicole
Re: SADDLE PADS:100% Wool v.s. Impact Gel ???
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 12:27:00 PM »
I used to use the Classic Equine ESP pads, but they made my horses back sore, so I got Impact Gel. I use nothing but Impact Gel on all my horses and we both love it.   <ROCKON>
Dont try and be a bad@$$ over the keyboard.

Offline HossLova

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006, 02:57:04 PM »
WOW...Thanks so much for all the comments/advice on the pads everyone!! I think I'm gonna try out Marlene's Wool one and see how it goes from there... keep yer fingers crossed :)
Thanks again everyone!

Offline fatchance

• Novice Member
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2006, 03:08:08 PM »
WOW...Thanks so much for all the comments/advice on the pads everyone!! I think I'm gonna try out Marlene's Wool one and see how it goes from there... keep yer fingers crossed :)
Thanks again everyone!

If you don't mind me asking, what is she selling her's for. Thanks!  <:)

Offline Tx3turns

• Extreme Member
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2006, 03:35:29 PM »
Have to put my vote in for Todd Sloans also. I have the 3/4" and the 1" and like Krape said, depends on the horse's build as to which one I use on what horse.
I have piles of money...laying all over the pastures
There's more to being a cowboy than just kicking off yer boots

Downthealley

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2006, 03:37:18 PM »
hey.. thats the same ones I have too. I lucked into the 1" at the sale and got it for $60. It was practically brand new.

Offline Tx3turns

• Extreme Member
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2006, 03:45:53 PM »
hey.. thats the same ones I have too. I lucked into the 1" at the sale and got it for $60. It was practically brand new.

Guess I better go check the trailer....ya never know what hubby's will load up and take to the sale, then have the kahoongas to say that they were just helping ya clean out all the junk us gals have to tote in the trailer...does yours ever start eyeballing your bits? Mine does!! Anyhow, you got a deal on that $60 TS, for sure.

Downthealley

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 03:49:23 PM »
whats your seller/buyer number?  ;)

yea.. Travis had it...

ha ha, bits. lets see. since Mark thinks that EVERY horse should be able to ride with the same bit.. he has told me several times to get rid of my stuff. buuuut, you know who wears the pants in our family! thats right, he does. But I layem out for him.  :*

Offline Tx3turns

• Extreme Member
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2006, 03:54:59 PM »
Oh, I just use your number when I go. Ya know, for a guy-guy, Travis sure knows how to get ahold of some neat barrel racer stuff. I bought a BR saddle from him a few yrs. back
My hubby use to say the same thing about bits, that the hosses only need one, but he sure does like to help himself to some of my draw bits when he gets the colts out of O-rings!!! And he even gets his favorite horses winter blankets these days....go figure...you'd think he was married to a can chaser or something!

Offline Dawnya

• Official Wal-Mart Greeter
  • Posse Member
  • Elite Member
    • www.roadkillmercantile.com
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2006, 06:19:05 PM »
100% wool and nothing but 100% wool.
I just bought a Wells 5 Star and it's awsome!  Has a big price tag but it has a big guarantee too.
Beware of paranoia

Offline HossLova

• Novice Member
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2006, 12:26:07 PM »
"FatChance"... Marlene sells her 100% wool pads for 129.50 ("on sale" right now)...They SEEM to be identical to the Tod Slone pads everyone mentioned...guess we'll see

Offline Running2Win

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2006, 10:01:57 AM »
Hi everyone,
Thought I'd share my experiences. I have used the wrangler 20x pad and found it slides a lot. The last time I used it I had it come out the back of my saddle after a run, haven't used it since. I also purchased the Classic Equine ESP pad and was initially happy with it till my horse started to pitch between the 1st and 2nd barrel which he's never done, I took him back to the trailer untacked checked everything over, all seemed in order. He did the same thing at the next race, again I took him back to the trailer this time changed pads and the problem stopped. Since I paid so much for the darn thing I tried it on 2 of my other horses and it made their backs sore, so needless to say it sits in the tack room with the 20x. <IMSOMAD> I found a wool felt liner and Navajo blanket to be reliable. Another I REALLY like is my Professional Choice SMX pad I have the old version before they changed the padding material in the core of the pad. It's time for a new pad and I'm going to give the new SMX Air Ride version a try. Anyone in need of a gently used 20X or ESP ?<DUMMY ME>  I realize that all horses are different as well as riders theses are just what do and don't work for me and my guys. I guess thats why there are so many darn pads out there, truthfully it just makes things difficult in choosing the right one. :!

Offline muchodinero

• Novice Member
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2006, 05:39:53 PM »
I use a SMX pad on one horse and a Tod Sloan on my other horse. I like both of them.