General Category > General Discussion

SADDLE PADS:100% Wool v.s. Impact Gel ???

<< < (6/6)

Running2Win:
Hi everyone,
Thought I'd share my experiences. I have used the wrangler 20x pad and found it slides a lot. The last time I used it I had it come out the back of my saddle after a run, haven't used it since. I also purchased the Classic Equine ESP pad and was initially happy with it till my horse started to pitch between the 1st and 2nd barrel which he's never done, I took him back to the trailer untacked checked everything over, all seemed in order. He did the same thing at the next race, again I took him back to the trailer this time changed pads and the problem stopped. Since I paid so much for the darn thing I tried it on 2 of my other horses and it made their backs sore, so needless to say it sits in the tack room with the 20x. <IMSOMAD> I found a wool felt liner and Navajo blanket to be reliable. Another I REALLY like is my Professional Choice SMX pad I have the old version before they changed the padding material in the core of the pad. It's time for a new pad and I'm going to give the new SMX Air Ride version a try. Anyone in need of a gently used 20X or ESP ?<DUMMY ME>  I realize that all horses are different as well as riders theses are just what do and don't work for me and my guys. I guess thats why there are so many darn pads out there, truthfully it just makes things difficult in choosing the right one. :!

muchodinero:
I use a SMX pad on one horse and a Tod Sloan on my other horse. I like both of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version