8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Shania Tidwell killed in riding accident - keep the Tidwells in your Prayers  (Read 47619 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Please keep the Tidwells in your prayers.

Yesterday afternoon a very dear little girl was killed in a tragic horse riding accident her name was Shania Tidwell daughter of Shannon Tidwell of Alamogordo, NM.

Shania was care flighted to the hopital here in El Paso but was pronunced dead upon arrival.

This is the saddest thing I believe I have ever witnessed sitting at the hospital with Shannon and her family, and prayer for Shannon to be okay with time and help from the lord her family and friends.

Shannon trains barrel horses, goes to futurties and pro rodeos she is a very dear friend to anyone who knows her.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline alepinto

• Ebarrelracing.com rocks
May God give comfort to the Tidwell family and guide them through this terrible time in their lives.

Offline Gonechasn3

• Extreme Member
  • Nascar! Dale Jr #8!
Lifted up in prayer!  I can't imagine the heartache!     (((((((HUGS))))))))
We ride and never worry about the fall!  I guess thats just the cowboy in us all!

Offline Sunrise Cross

• Novice Member
Can you share more details about this tragedy? How old was she and what happened? This is such a heart break for the entire family. I will keep them in my Prayers.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Funeral Services for Shania Tidwell will be held on Wednesday the 15th at 10:00am at the First Assembly Church on 10th & Florida Street in Alamogordo, New Mexico.

Viewing will be held on Tuesday the 14th from 6:00pm to 8:00pm at Hamilton Odell Funeral Home.
Arrangements made by Hamilton Odell Funeral Home.

In Lieu of Flowers the family has asked that you please contribute to the Shania Tidwell Account set up with Pioneer Bank in Alamogordo NM in care of Shannon Tidwell.  If any information is needed on the account please contact Pam Sparks at Pioneer Mortgage in El Paso, Texas at 915-778-4100.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
Another child. This is so sad. Prayers for this family.

(+)   (+)   (+)
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline toooldtocare

• Extreme Member
We got the devistating news about Shania on Friday afternoon. She and her mother Shannon were at barrel races that my daughters, grandaughter and I went to most every week end. They were indeed a team!

If you never saw Shania compete you missed an upcoming champion and a little horse woman! If you never saw her ear to ear smile when she made a good run you missed something heart warming! Shannon was always at the gate to share her joy!

I've watched her share the excitment of a good run made by her competitors but she was a winner everytime in her own heart!

This child touched my life in a way I hadn't realized. I ask that each of you take time to pray for Shannon, her mom and the rest of the family today.

I am praying that God will give this family the understanding and strength to meet each day. That their hearts be filled with comfort.

Radiant, Loving, Friend, Angelic, Talent--We are all going to miss Shania

Offline turninthree

• Elite Member
Prayers for all who knew and loved Shania.  This is such sad news.

Offline ranch_gal

• Novice Member
The death of Shania was a tragedy! When I was on the phone when she passed I could do nothing but cry. Shannon, I know it will take time. I  know there is nothing to be said to ease your pain just know we love you. Keep in mind she is in heaven walking down the streets of gold. If you need anything just let us know....Jennifer Barney

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Donations For Shannon Tidwell should be sent to

Pioneer Bank
P O Box 1707
Alamagordo,NM 88311

Shania Tidwell c/o Shannon Tidwell
Acct# 0300137968

Please God Bless this family and help keep them strong
during this very trying time.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 04:36:27 PM by Tamet Gould »

Offline tampabarrelracer

• Novice Member
my prayers are with the family.i cant imagine anything like that.i am so sorry about your lost.

Offline spintowin

• Novice Member
Shannon, just remember Shania is up there dancing with the angels!!  I will always be here for you!
Love ya,
Lisa Meloy

Downthealley

Sooo many prayers go out!  <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline amplifly

• Extreme Member
Prayers for the Tidwells, what a tragedy.  I pray for comfort and healing for you.  There's a new angel in Heaven. <(' ')>
God is AWESOME!! :)

Offline cowgirlreno

• Novice Member
i went to the services for shania today and ive never seen so many people at a funeral she really touched alot of peoples hearts. she was such a great little girl very happy shell be remember by all who knew her .  shannon ur in our prays. with love amanda reno