8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Shania Tidwell killed in riding accident - keep the Tidwells in your Prayers  (Read 47620 times)

Offline cowtrim

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
 <(' ')> As a member of the Tidwell, Griffin family I want to personally THANK each and every one of you who has kept the family in your thoughts and prayers.  Our beautiful 8 year old angel touched so many lives.  The out pouring of love that we have felt has given us  strength  and has helped us all deal with the loss we have experienced.  

Today at the services we felt such love.  There was approximately 600 people in attendance.  I can only hope that they were all as moved by the wonderful poems, songs, pictures and prayers as we were.  Never have I seen so many flowers at one place.  At the grave site we released blue (Shania's favorite color) balloons.  What a site to see them drift off to heaven to her with the one pink balloon for our girl in the mist of them.  Blue balloons will forever hold a certain spot from now on.  

Shania was with us for such a short while but she had  purpose that was beyond any that we shall know and she fulfilled it.  She touched lives every where she went.  Her smile, her eyes, her out going spirit, her fearlessness, her horsemanship, and her heart will be hard to live with out, but she is a peace, and I know she is riding horses in God's rodeo.  She is happy and will be waiting for us all to join her.

Now we face tomorrow and our new and different lives with out the little blue eyes pistol.  I hope that you will all continue to pray for us especially Shannon, We will be needing the extra strengh from now till we see her again.  For now there are no good byes only See you laters.  

Thank you again,
Shay Griffin  
(an aunt)

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
I am so very sorry for your loss.  It is obvious that Shania was a wonderful little girl to have touched so many hearts in her short time here on earth.  My prayers are with you all that you may find peace until the day you see her again.

Offline GamblinMan

• Extreme Member
  • JRo & "Padre" A.K.A. JericoGamblinMan
I can't begin to imagine your pain - I'm so sorry, and offer my prayers of comfort and peace for all the family members and friends.

Offline srp

• Novice Member
i have an 8yr old that competes and i could not imagine losing her.  having gone through such a tragedy i hate to ask what happened but maybe it will help me in trying to keep mine safe
you have our prayers

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
Prayers for comfort!

Offline LouisianaRodeoMom

• Novice Member
My heart and prayers go out the family and friends of this child.  May the Lord be with you in your sorrow. 

Penny

Offline toooldtocare

• Extreme Member
Father God I ask that with each coming day these families will find new strength and comfort in you. When this situation seems more than they can handle you intervene at just the right time. You are awesome Father and it is in your presence that all things are possible. I pray for Shannon today, may she be blessed in her coming and going and I pray a hedge of protection around her physical and emotional well being. I thank you Father that you have blessed this family with good, loving friends. Unto to you today, thank you Jesus.

Offline EZ aka my baby

• Novice Member
i have an 8yr old that competes and i could not imagine losing her.  having gone through such a tragedy i hate to ask what happened but maybe it will help me in trying to keep mine safe
you have our prayers

You can read about the accident at the wpra web site. I am praying each day for the Tidwell family. I hope everyone tries to make it to the Benefit barrel race in March. May God Bless this family. <(' ')>

spazzyjazzy

My prayers are with this family.  May God grant you the strength to face each day and work through this tragic accident.

Offline tabtidwell

• Novice Member
Iam Shania's dad Tab Tidwell and i would like to think everyone who was at the services wednesday. I loved my daughter very very much and will miss her dearly. Shannon and I are doing the best we can right now, and the good Lord will help us thru all this. I want to thank everyone who has called, sent flowers or knew our little angel from the bottom of my heart. Shania touched hundreds of people in the rodeo industry. I also want to thank Destri Burks for everything she has done for the Tidwell and Griffin family. Destri, thank you.Shania is looking down on us all with her beautiful smile and would want us to go on doing what we were doing befor all of this, and i know that she will never ever be missed. I can not tell you how much she ment to me, her dad she was my life, along with her little sister Hadley, she is also the love of my life. Shania, if you can see this, I love you baby and i miss you dearly. And one day i will see your beautiful face again,tell my mom i love her for me ok? Love daddy. 

Offline Dailyjld

• Veteran Member
 (+) (+) (+) (+) (+) (+) (+) (+)

Offline BeccaKW

• Novice Member
To Shania's Family,

God Bless you and grant you the serenity to cope with your loss. I am so sorry for what happened to your daughter. I am recovering right now from almost the same accident she had. . with very similar injuries. .  Skull fractures, spinal rotation, csf leakage etc. .  My family knows how you are feeling right now and I know how you are feeling. Bless Shania and May God hold her in his arms.

Becca

Downthealley

More prayers for the family! Im in tears now for yall. Its so sad but know that she is at peace!  <(' ')>

Offline tabtidwell

• Novice Member
Hello, its been three months and seven days sence i lost my baby Shania Fay Tidwell. This hes been the roughest three months of my life. I want so badly my baby back. I cannot begain to tell all of you how difficult this has been for me Shanias father. The good lord must have needed her to teach someone to ride horses. All i know is that iam doing as good as i can and taking it one day at a time. I also want to thank everyone who has supported us during this. Again thanks, Tab L. Tidwell

Downthealley

Thanks for thinking of us and keeping in touch! When you need to talk, you have plenty of daughters here that will listen!!  <(' ')>

God Bless