8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: All of you are amazing and true gifts from God.  (Read 5879 times)

Offline BeccaKW

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
All of you are amazing and true gifts from God.
« on: February 12, 2006, 10:45:35 AM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Becca and I am new to the boards. . . as well as to barrel racing. I am actually a National Saddle seat rider who wanted a more fun, less snotty change of pace ;)  - I just wanted to tell all of you that you all are amazing. The fact that everyone prays for everyone else and helps everyone is truly amazing. All of you are true gifts from God. Be proud to be who you are. I have never seen anything like this. . especially in the Arabian, National show horse and Saddlebred industries. I'm so proud to be a barrel racer.

I have a very sad story to share and i'm hoping all of you can find it in your heart to pray for this family. I had just gotten out of the hospital after a very bad head injury recieved from my neighbor's dog attacking the junior horse i was riding. . . after i came home (after 3 weeks in icu) i didn't receive any payments for a barrel horse i sold to a girl named Melissa. When I contacted her about her about it and to make sure evrything was ok. . . she filled me in on how her 5 year old daughter was killed in a car accident on the way to kindergarden. the story and situation broke my heart and I couldn't imagine something this terrible happening to this nice of a family. The entire family loves horses and the mother is an avid barrel racer who has made it to the worlds countless times. . . Please pray for this family to help them cope with the loss of a beautiful life.

Thank you and god bless,
Becca

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
Re: All of you are amazing and true gifts from God.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 09:27:25 PM »
Lord Jesus, we pray that this family is able to feel your comfort and peace though this terrible time of lose.  We pray that they draw on your strength.  Amen
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 11:04:27 PM »
Welcome to the board Becca and welcome to the great sport of barrel racing.

I read about the family on BHW that lost their precious daughter. What an awful tragedy. I cannot imagine such a loss. We will keep them in our prayers for peace and comfort.

(+)  (+)   (+)
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Downthealley

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 11:33:18 PM »

I, too, read that on BHW and that is something I never want tothink about. I would not be able to live if I lost my daughter!

I hope the family finds strength to carry on and I send MANY prayers that way!

and prayers to you too, Becca.

Offline BeccaKW

• Novice Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 09:42:16 PM »
Thank you all for the prayers for Melissa and Thank you "Down the Alley" for the prayers to me. I truly appreciate them, especially through my recovery time!!. . .And thank you Pat for your warm Welcome. . .  After reading this board, I am truly proud to be a barrel racer.

Thank you to all!

Becca

Offline amplifly

• Extreme Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 05:10:58 PM »
Prayers for that family....
God is AWESOME!! :)