8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Please pray for my Father. They found cancer!  (Read 7960 times)

doc o lena bar

Please pray for my Father. They found cancer!
« on: March 01, 2006, 07:14:56 AM »
I have waited a while to post on here about this.  My father found out several weeks ago that he has prostate cancer.  They went back to the doctor to do more testing to find out if the cancer has spread to other parts of the body.  The results are not back from the testing yet, so I am praying that the cancer is only located in the prostate which will be easier to deal with and to take out.  We are looking into several options as we speak if the cancer is just in the prostates.  They have a wonderful Robotics Surgery that is almost 100% successful in getting it all.  Less hospital stay, less nerve damage and from what I've read not chemo.  We are hoping that the test results will be back within the next few days so we can prepare for what ever we need to do to cure this.  Please pray for him as he is 79 years old.  Thank you.

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
Re: Please pray for my Father. They found cancer!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 08:18:59 AM »
We will be praying for your dad Amy. Please keep us all posted.

<(' ')>
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 08:24:01 AM »
Doc, we keep your father as well as the rest of you in our prayers.   God, thank YOU for all of those that will pray with us and we ask to just keep this cancer in the prostate so the doctors can remove it successfully!   You are so gracious and wonderful.   In His precious Name.. Amen

Offline mammadearborn

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 08:38:13 AM »
Prayers coming your way Amy.  If you need anything, let me know.
Love Generously, Praise Loudly, Live Fully

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 08:39:21 AM »
Prayers to you and your father.

Offline toooldtocare

• Extreme Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 10:32:10 AM »
We thank you this morning Father God for what you are doing in this situation. It is during the low times in our lives that you are there for us. Lord I lift this family up to you and we expect a miracle in these test results that they will be receiving. You are an awesome God and we know that healing is youf work and cancer is satans! Satan is a defeated foe when Jesus Christ is in a situation. Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers for Amy and her family.

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 08:04:01 AM »
Prayers for your dad and your family, Amy. 

doc o lena bar

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 09:45:05 AM »
Thank you all so much.  Ya'll don't know what it means to me to have the prayers we need.  I will keep you all update on what the test results are.   (((((((HUGS))))))))

Downthealley

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 02:52:11 PM »

Many prayers to you and your dad and family, Amy!

<(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline irlucky

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 06:56:15 PM »
I am so sorry to hear that your father has cancer.  I, too have a dad with prostate cancer.  He had surgery over six years ago and was doing fine. He went five years with no reoccurrence.  Then last year, his PSA levels were up again, so he had 37 radiation treatments.  This Feb.  he went for his PSA test and it was 0.0 untraceable....Thank the Lord. 
His urologist says that every man may not die from prostate cancer, but every man with die with it.  It is a fact.  If you live long enough, you will eventually have it.  But they have done more with this type of cancer in the last 10 years, than any other.  So there are lots of treatment options that can extend their lives.  I'm praying for you.

Offline Jack&Sharon

• Elite Member
  • GOD BLESS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY
    • Sharon Brooks Mannatech
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 09:16:06 AM »
Our prayers going up to the father. Remember all thing are possible with God. (((((((HUGS))))))))GOD BLESS <LUV>

Offline amplifly

• Extreme Member
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 05:06:57 PM »
Amy, prayers are going up to the Lord from me to heal your father of ANY cancer in his body and comfort you and your family.  God is the ALMIGHTY Healer and Master Doctor.  There is nothing He can't heal or do.  I believe that your father will be healed and not suffer from this horrible cancer. 
God is AWESOME!! :)

doc o lena bar

Re: Please pray for my Father. They found cancer! UPDATE!
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 09:52:45 AM »
Thank you all for the prayers.  They really worked.  The test results for the bone scan, CT scan and Nuclear scan turned out neg.  All is clear through the body.  We are going tomorrow to talk with the Dr. about those results.  Then off to Arlington Texas for another Dr. Appointment for robotics surgery.  They say this is the best thing to do and one of the best Doctors for this procedure is in the Metro Plex.

Again, Thank you for all your prayers.

Amy

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 10:03:02 AM »
Thank YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!  I am so happy for you guys!

Offline toooldtocare

• Extreme Member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 10:30:49 AM »
God is good! Thank you Lord that you are everything we need. I pray today for continued good reports and negative results!