8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Please Pray For Susan Marshall Updated Tuesday Night See Page 2  (Read 14066 times)

Offline Laura Rodgers

• Mega Member
  • Brillant People Have The Most Persuasive Deamons
Susan's horse fell on her at Conroe tonite. Marshmellow landed on Susan and bent her back in the wrong direction. She was not awake when they transported her to the hospital. Please add her to your prayers!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 08:58:48 PM by Laura Rodgers »
Laura Rodgers
"We survive together or not at all"

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Please Pray For Susan Marshall
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 09:41:49 PM »
prayers going up for susan (((((((HUGS))))))))
can't wait till May!!!

Offline TxCanchaser22

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 12:04:05 AM »
I just got home from Conroe and have an update on Susan's condition.  Her leg is broken and the doctors said she does have some spinal damage, but they are not sure how severe it is.  Right now their main concern is that she has serious head trauma and they are addressing that first since it is the most serious, as far as I know she has not regained consciouness since she hit the ground.  Marsh came around the 2nd barrel and something was obviously wrong and Susan tried to pull him up, but he fell with her before she could get him stopped.  He fell once, got up and she was hanging off his side and then he fell a second time and took awhile to get up.  The vet said it looked like he had some type of seizure or severely tied up during his run. Marsh is being watched tonight at Conroe by the vet.  Please keep Susan in your prayers tonight, as well as Marsh (((((((HUGS)))))))) <(' ')>

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 08:47:59 AM »
Just got a call concerning Susan, there is no change as of this morning.  Please keep her in your prayers. 
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 09:23:02 AM »
We will be praying for Susan, her family, and her horse down here  (((((((HUGS))))))))

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline Dailyjld

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 10:03:13 AM »
 :RUN: 0:) (+) (+) (+) 0:) :RUN:  PRAYERS FOR SUSAN AND MARSH.........

Offline 4BSRanch

• Elite Member
  • My Sadie!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 12:12:15 PM »
We have been and will keep praying for Susan and Marsh!
This accident was so scary to watch, you feel so helpless.
The power of prayer will make a difference. God Bless
0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:)
Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld

Offline Laura Rodgers

• Mega Member
  • Brillant People Have The Most Persuasive Deamons
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 12:31:21 PM »
Ok we have talked to Susan's son Cody. She has broken leg and collar bone and bruising of the brain. The cat scans are showing no changes in the bruising which is a good sign. They are going to do a MRI today check her spine and other possible injured area's. She is still unconcisous but the doctors are not real concerned with that at the moment.

There is nothing we can do for the family at the moment but pray. Once I hear of any needs I will post them here. It sounds like our prayers are working so please keep praying for Susan.
Laura Rodgers
"We survive together or not at all"

Offline tubturninmama

• THE MAYOR
Re: Please Pray For Susan Marshall Updated Noon Sunday
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »
 :RUN: <(..)> prayers for susan, horse and family...

(+) (+) (+) (+) (+) (+) (+)
"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing!" Phillis Diller

Offline irlucky

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 02:18:58 PM »
It sounds like it was really scary to watch.  We are all so lucky that we make so many runs without injury to ourselves or our horses.

"For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord"  Jeremiah 30:17

Downthealley

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 02:48:28 PM »

Prayers for Susan!!!   <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline turninthree

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 03:28:26 PM »
Prayers for Susan and Marsh.  WE place ourselves and our horses in God's hands each time we enter the arena.  I pray He will place those hands on Susan and Marsh and restore their health and have them back in the arena in top condition as soon as possible.

Offline Lyndia Cotton

• Novice Member
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 04:56:25 PM »
I am so sad to hear about Susan's accident.  I visited with her briefly at the Waco D & G recently after not seeing her in a long while.  She was a great support for NBHA TX 20 when I was the District Director.  I could always count on her to help out beyond the necessary.  It is time for us to reach out and help her and her family.

I have contacted our church prayer group leader to list her and Marsh up in the pray list.

We are all praying for a quick recovery of all injuries to Susan's body.  Praying for a COMPLETE & TOTAL healing of all of her body.  We are lifting up her precious soul and spirit to feel the prayers and LOVE that are sent out for her.  We are praying for her son Cody and all family members of Susan Marshall for strength, HOPE and peace during this critical time.

We love you Susan! (((((((HUGS))))))))
"Treasure each other in the recognition that we do not know how long we shall have each other."

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 06:09:57 PM »
Many healing thoughts and prayers for Susan.  May her family find comfort in the fact that the Lord can and will conquer any injury.  We also pray for her horses' healing.  (+)
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline GamblinMan

• Extreme Member
  • JRo & "Padre" A.K.A. JericoGamblinMan
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 06:39:50 PM »
Sending prayers up for Susan, horse & family.

Hubby & I were in our trailer and heard an ambulance, but thought it might be passing by... there were a couple that did pass by later that night.