8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Please Pray For Susan Marshall Updated Tuesday Night See Page 2  (Read 14067 times)

Offline mgoodson

• Extreme Member
    • Rocking G Ranch
Re: Please Pray For Susan Marshall Updated Noon Sunday
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 07:03:17 PM »
Susan, her family and Marsh are all in my prayers.

Offline Pam

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 08:55:40 AM »
My prayers to Susan and her family.

Please keep in mind that for several weeks (maybe months) due to the head injury she may not realize what happened or her status. I thought I was talking and acting fine until someone asked me if I was drunk. I asked my husband if I really sounded that bad and he had to admit that I did.

I wish I would have known as soon as I got out of the hospital to see Dr. Dickey at the Manipulative Medicine Clinic at UNTHSC Fort Worth. I started seeing him 4 months after my accident and it has been amazing the changes he has made in my life. Please, if you have had any type of injury (not just head injuries) I would highly suggest you go see him. If financial problems are a hold back and you can't see Dr. Dickey as a regular appt., call 817-735-2235 to go on Friday's to the CORE students. The CORE appt. is only $20.00. You will see the students first and then the professor comes in to oversee.  Ask to be on the Fridays that Dr. Dickey or Dr. Pim are teaching.

May God Bless Susan.   _()_
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 09:01:11 AM by littlep »

Offline Jack&Sharon

• Elite Member
  • GOD BLESS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY
    • Sharon Brooks Mannatech
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 09:10:02 AM »
We will keep Susan and family in our prayers. (((((((HUGS)))))))) GOD BLESS

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 10:16:59 AM »
Prayers for Susan and Family

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 10:59:40 AM »
Praying for Susan and her entire family!

Offline Candace Hoke

• Novice Member
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 12:35:22 PM »
During Sunday night.Susan began showing signs of trying to wake up from the coma.  The doctors are now sedating her to help keep her comfortable.  When she wakes up, I will post again.  She is responding physically to some external stimuli.  When her son squeezed her hand, she returned the squeeze.  These are all good signs.  In the meantime, there does not appear to be any spinal fractures.  They will do surgery on her left leg at a later date.  The clavicle is broken.  According to TC, the horse's foot grazed her right eye area and she has a scrape from the other side of the hoof on her forehead.
The horse, Marsh, and the dog, Tory, are doing fine.  They are with me until further decisions are made by Susan or the family.
I would like to thank everyone for Susan who has helped make this an easier situation:  World Barrel Racing management. the nurse who helped in the arena (I did not post your name as I don't know if you want it here), those of you who helped take care of the horse and the dog, those of you who helped locate and save her equipment for me and many others who I know did their best to make the most of things.  Bless you and yours. Your kindness will never be forgotten.  We will be sure she knows how many stopped their lives to be sure she and her beloved animals were safe.
Please be aware Susan has never joined the computer age.  Thus, if you would like her to know of your prayers and concerns, I suggest you send cards or letters in care of her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Jack Brady, P O Box 11, Laneville, Texas 75667, Sandi Hatfield, Claudia Smith, or to me at Circle Star Farms, 357905 Wiggins Rd, Hempstead, TX 77445.  One of us will be sure to get them to her.  If you want to email her, please send them to me at [email protected] and I will print them out for her to read.

Offline amplifly

• Extreme Member
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2006, 04:56:51 PM »
Prayers for Susan, her horse, and family.  God is the ALMIGHTY healer and He is so awesome.  I believe in healing for her and her horse, and comfort and peace for her family.
God is AWESOME!! :)

Offline Laura Rodgers

• Mega Member
  • Brillant People Have The Most Persuasive Deamons
Re: Please Pray For Susan Marshall Updated Tuesday Night See Page 2
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2006, 08:59:45 PM »
Well I am happy to report that Susan is doing the same. There is no change in the MRI's which is good news. They will do surgery on her Wednesday to repair her leg which is broken in 3 places. Cody said that Marshall is doing well too. Cody sounds real good too, and asks that we keep praying for her.

When Susan wakes up I am going to print this and take it to her. Sooo if you have any special messages for Susan please post them here. You can also share in fun stories about Susan. There are so many of us that know her and so many that don't. Those of you who don't know her, I hope you get to meet her some day..... She is one of a kind!

Laura Rodgers
"We survive together or not at all"

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2006, 09:04:39 PM »
Update  -  Tuesday March 7    -  8:30 pm

From Claudia Smith who just got off the phone with Susan's son, Cody:

Susan's condtion is stable.
Her vital signs are stable.
They are going to surgically repair her broken leg tomorrow.
The MRI's have showed no changes since Sunday afternoon which means no more swelling or bleeding on her brain.
Susan has a small brain contusion on the right frontal lobe and that is healing also.
She is still in NICU and they are keeping her sedated.
She is still on the respirator.

Cody thanks everyone for all the prayers, cards and well wishes for his Mom.

Claudia will give us all another update tomorrow afternoon when she returns from the hospital.

God is GREAT!!

“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Downthealley

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2006, 09:06:57 PM »

THanks Pam!!  <LUV>

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2006, 02:21:10 PM »
Are their any new updates on Susan

Offline spirit

• Extreme Member