8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers for Caroline Dodwell  (Read 7684 times)

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
Prayers for Caroline Dodwell
« on: March 06, 2006, 10:58:31 AM »
Something happened Friday night at Northside.   I could only see from the stands, but her horse was running all out up the alley and Caroline looked hung up and dragging, the headstall broken and hanging around his shoulders.. She came off right at the mouth of the arena, but looked unconcious from where I was.   The gate man in the back said the horse bucked her off and the headstall broke.. she got hung up in the stirrup.    If yall don't know how long the alley is at Northside... it's LONG!!!!!!!!  and the gate man said he drug her up most of the alley.   

I just pray she is okay.   I have not heard anything.   If anyone has or knows what happened please let us know!

God be with Caroline and her family.

Downthealley

Re: Prayers for Caroline Dodwell
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 11:00:09 AM »

Prayers for her!

Didnt she win the 2D this weekend at Conroe?

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 11:04:21 AM »
She sure did!  But she must have been early Friday..   you know barrels doesn't run at NS till after 9...  If she did get up from that wreck and go run at Conroe, then thank you Jesus... but I am thinking she was hurt really bad.   They took her out on a back board and she didn't move...... it was so scary....

Downthealley

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »
yea I know when barrels are at Northside but I thought she ran saturday at Conroe..

either way, still scary and hope all is o kay.

Downthealley

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 11:07:05 AM »
yes she did run friday day at conroe.. hopefully someone will have an update on her!  <(' ')>

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 11:11:15 AM »
okay... at least I am not crazy...  I was very excited to get to see her run again.  It's been a while since I have seen her blazing a trail in our area!

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 01:15:26 PM »
Okay.. I just talked with Cindy Johnson...  she talked to Caroline today.  She doesn't know what happened.. Thank goodness, b/c it looked so scary.  But anyway, there was some one that hauled with her and I can't remember who Cindy said it was, but she said that Cookie took off and the headstall broke and Caroline flipped off the back of her.  I can't imagine trying to ride that rocket!    No one said anything about her being hung up but she sure looked like it and made it all the way to the arena before she stopped....   I suppose we will get more details eventually...

The main thing is she is okay!  No broken bones or anything.  She did tell Cindy she was pretty bruised up.  SHE IS TOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    What a lady!   Thank God she is okay.    Continued prayers for fast healing!

Offline jansigler

• Extreme Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 01:16:25 PM »
sounds like the barrel racers had a rough weekend with strange accidents. i thought my weekend sucked, but at least me and Bully did not have any accidents,

Keep us posted.

Offline Karrie

• Extreme Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 11:53:04 AM »
I saw Caroline yesterday at the horse sale in Canton...she said that her hackamore shank broke and that she did hang up and was drug.  Said that all she remembers is that they were calf roping, then she woke up in the emergency room @ 3am!  She doesn't remember the barrel racing even starting!
She is really bruised, and has two big knots on her head, but was able to stay for most of the horse sale.
Yep, she is a tough lady. 

Downthealley

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 11:55:18 AM »
thank God that is all that happened!

Prayers for a speedy recovery!  (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline Karrie

• Extreme Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 12:00:15 PM »
She said she wouldn't recommend the hang up and drag thing...and giggled thru the pain...

Downthealley

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 12:03:41 PM »

lol.. at least she is in good spirits and being humerous!  8)

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 12:30:38 PM »
I have never met her, but she sounds like she has a good sense of humor about things like this.    She must have really been paying attention to the calf roping!!!!!!!! ha ha   

UGH!  She is way tough!   I am so glad she is okay!   

doc o lena bar

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 01:17:15 PM »
Okay.. I just talked with Cindy Johnson...  she talked to Caroline today.  She doesn't know what happened.. Thank goodness, b/c it looked so scary.  But anyway, there was some one that hauled with her and I can't remember who Cindy said it was, but she said that Cookie took off and the headstall broke and Caroline flipped off the back of her.  I can't imagine trying to ride that rocket!    No one said anything about her being hung up but she sure looked like it and made it all the way to the arena before she stopped....   I suppose we will get more details eventually...

The main thing is she is okay!  No broken bones or anything.  She did tell Cindy she was pretty bruised up.  SHE IS TOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    What a lady!   Thank God she is okay.    Continued prayers for fast healing!

Ashton Elder was hauling with her.  Sparkplugsmama was there than night when it happened and that is what she said.  I hope she is ok.

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 04:02:17 PM »
I could not remember who was with her!! Ashton Elder.. thanks...   It looked horrible from where I was down by the roping boxes..   Praise God she is okay.