8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Much needed prayers for my husband and I!  (Read 8577 times)

spazzyjazzy

Re: Much needed prayers for my husband and I!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 03:22:12 PM »
I went through a similar experience with my last pregnancy - the dreaded phone call from the doctor - more tests needed, etc.  I, too, had the feelings of apprehension and fear.  How could I possibly take care of a child with special needs?  I know many friends were praying for God to give me strength and peace concerning what we didn't know and by the time the tests came around, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I loved the baby I was carrying.  It was a gift - no matter what!  The tests came and went and the most serious of birth defects were ruled out.  I'm happy to say that that "baby" is now a happy, healthy barrel-racing 7 year old girl.  We dealt with the physical "defects" she was born with, with a lens transplant surgery as an infant.  God does give us the strength to raise any child - we just have to ask and accept it!  BTW - since that time I have learned that most women in their late 30s or older will test positive (or have an elevated reading) on that screening but it is usually a false positive which doesn't mean don't do it but take it with a grain of salt or just skip it and go straight to the ultrasound since you will wind up there anyway!  I'm happy for you and your husband that you can now have peace and "enjoy" your pregnancy!

Downthealley

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 03:30:44 PM »
Thank you! SPazzy.. I felt and still feel the same way as you did. I used to work with some special needs kids at the high school and one of them I loved so much was a boy with Downs. He was the most loving and fun kid!

Yes before I even took this screening test thing.. I knew how many false positives (I am only 25) there were but still, when you hear those words.. you think (at least I do) the worst and start worrying. After having all evening and night to think about it, I was almost even looking forward to both sides of it. I always remember how fun it was to work with the boy that I mentioned above.

Thank the good Lord above for blessing each one of  us with what we have!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 04:55:53 PM by Downthealley »

Downthealley

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 04:54:21 PM »
congrats...Glad everything is going to be ok...I have two boys... <LUV>

just remember, baby boys grow up to be COWBOYS! LOL

lol, thats what Im afraid of! I know how my husband is!!!!   <DUMMY ME>

Offline Amy Lee Fecht

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 10:50:09 AM »
Congrats on your testing coming out good and for the power of prayer... what are you gonna name this healthy baby boy!?!
God is Good, All the Time!

Downthealley

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 11:13:11 AM »

Thanks.. his name is Cullen Odell Bruton. I dont like the middle name, hubby wanted it after his dad  :!  but I got my way with my daughters whole name and with Cullens first name  <EXCUSE ME?>

Offline Breezie

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 07:20:39 PM »
My prayers and my heart go out to you. 

Breezie