8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Stivers hackamore  (Read 3639 times)

Offline pdf75559

• Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Stivers hackamore
« on: April 07, 2006, 01:19:32 PM »
Does anyone ride with a Bobby Stivers chain hackamore? I'm having trouble getting it in the right place on the nose. Can anyone help on positioning it?

doc o lena bar

Re: Stivers hackamore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 01:46:31 PM »
I ride in one quite abit.  It needs to rest about 1 1/2" to 2" above the top of the nostils.  Charlotte C set mine up and adjusted it to the right spot to fit my horse and I haven't touched it since.  I also run a german martingale with mine to help with break over in the pole area.  Sometime my mare wants to root her nose up and this just helps keep it in place.  Those Stivers chain hacks are hard to find(the originals) that is.  Hope this helps.

Offline pdf75559

• Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 02:55:21 PM »
I ride in one quite abit.  It needs to rest about 1 1/2" to 2" above the top of the nostils.  Charlotte C set mine up and adjusted it to the right spot to fit my horse and I haven't touched it since.  I also run a german martingale with mine to help with break over in the pole area.  Sometime my mare wants to root her nose up and this just helps keep it in place.  Those Stivers chain hacks are hard to find(the originals) that is.  Hope this helps.

I dont have an original one. Wish the trainer would have let me buy his, but I had to buy one & it didnt look the same. Theyre almost the same.  Unfortunelty someone got ahold of mine & it has been moved & even the rope untied. I wish you could set mine before Joseys reunion but I doubt if I see you before then. Are you coming down to northeast texas before the end of the month? I met you last yr. @ Josey's. Amy introduced us.

doc o lena bar

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 03:06:56 PM »
I sent you a PM>