8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: May Update  (Read 14770 times)

Offline dianeguinn

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: May Update
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 11:23:29 AM »
Tamet...I am so sorry to hear this....I know you were so encouraged about his progress when I talked to you.  You and Bob and your family are always in our prayers.  I pray that you will be able to handle this new development in Ben and pray for patience in handling him.  I know you have a LOT on your plate, but you've always been gracious and kind and have come SOOOO far.  I hope you know that if you need to talk I am here.  Love to all....

Diane

Offline Notsofast

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 09:50:38 PM »
Tamet, my prayers and thoughts are with Ben and all of you. This is another test
and if anyone can pass it, you and yours can. May God bless you all.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 05:20:04 PM »
I want to thank all of yall, it is very comforting to know that so many people have him in their prayers. 

Dr Stewart had us put him on Anxiety Control, it is basically GABA with some other stuff that you get at the health food store.  It has helped him some but you better be fast because he will get you in a heart beat.  He is doing good other than that.  He is getting so good about the bathroom now (that could be because we are trying to stay out of pinching distance and he ends up doing a lot more himself).   >:D

His sections are great, he was telling Joyce what color the blocks were today and matching them.  So, even with this anger or whatever it is going on underneath the surface he is still excelling.  Its just we are all bruised up and I feel sorry for Bob, because Ben attacks him the most.  He will suck you in, want to play and count and all sorts of things then that is when he gets you, WHAM!!!!  New Bruise.

We are hanging in there, it isnt going to defeat me, I am bound and determined for Ben to prove them all WRONG!!!   :!
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 12:32:02 PM »
Wow the Anxiety Control stuff works great.  He has calmed down considerably and doing really well at the potty training.  We go see Dr Stewart Thursday and Ben is still walking on his feet flat footed.  Hopefully it is a habit broken (he is still kinda limping from his fall in the bathroom though so I dont know). 

He is wearing his glasses all day long and not trying to take them off anymore and doing really well.  We are excited and looking to up his therapy now.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 03:28:37 PM »
He sat and watched us work on the floor all day sunday. He has never done anything like that before
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling