8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers for 6yr old twin with cancer  (Read 5420 times)

Offline TxOkCanChsr

• A legend in my own mind
Prayers for 6yr old twin with cancer
« on: June 01, 2006, 08:55:04 AM »
I've seen so many requests for prayers on here, I was hoping I would never have a need to ask for help but the time has come.... 

My 6yr old niece was diagnosed with a brain tumor 18 months ago.  They caught it early, before it spread, had surgery to remove it and she's had chemo and radiation since then.  She was scheduled to have her very last chemo treatment this coming weekend to be declared in remision and be on the road to recovery.  She's very frail and of course has lost all her hair, we were looking forward to her becoming a normal little girl again.  Well, last week she started getting Vertigo (dizziness) and her eyes were "flipping".  The Dr's thought it was the medicine so they scaled it back, but it didn't go away.  Yesterday they discovered swelling in her meninges (sp? the lining of the brain) and it can be one of two things - possible meningitis which is treatable or (God forbid) a return of her cancer to the meninges of the brain.  They took fluid from her spine yesterday and we are awaiting the results this morning.

Please, please, please pray for this little girl.  Her name is Abigail Futterman, she lives in Maryville, TN.....and she has an identical twin named Kitra.  If anything were to happen to Abi, it would devistate her twin.  My family is just torn to pieces about this because she was so close to being done.  I appreciate all prayers and I will keep you posted when I hear the results.  Thank you all.   <(' ')> <(' ')>
Life is not a journey to the grave w/ the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body..but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming --WOW!  WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline toooldtocare

• Extreme Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Prayers for 6yr old twin with cancer
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 10:21:51 AM »
Father God your word reminds us that you will never put more before us than we can handle. I come in agreement with your word and ask that you give this family the strength they need. You are stronger than any two edged sword and we know that cancer is not of you. I pray for complete healing in this child today. That cancer does not have to be accepted and can't win. You are the I AM, your word says that you are are our healer and deliverer. For every test result to be positive and beyond what is expected. Thank you in advance for what you are doing and what you are going to do in this situation. For rest and comfort in the child during these treatments. We know that miracles still happen. No doubt, help this family leave this in your hands today and look unto you for the answers they are searching for now. amen

Downthealley

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 02:16:59 PM »

Amen!

and many prayers for the family, Lindsay.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 07:10:54 AM »
Many prayers to the Family and child.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline FastnLittle

• Elite Member
  • Run With God
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 11:00:44 AM »
Many prayers for this family.  Let us know and we pray for good news.

Offline krape

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 10:03:41 AM »
 (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))Prayers and hugs from Texas

Offline JC

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 07:55:50 PM »
Many Many prayers for this little girl and family.
JC
" To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you might just be the world"

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 08:10:30 PM »
Father God your word reminds us that you will never put more before us than we can handle. I come in agreement with your word and ask that you give this family the strength they need. You are stronger than any two edged sword and we know that cancer is not of you. I pray for complete healing in this child today. That cancer does not have to be accepted and can't win. You are the I AM, your word says that you are are our healer and deliverer. For every test result to be positive and beyond what is expected. Thank you in advance for what you are doing and what you are going to do in this situation. For rest and comfort in the child during these treatments. We know that miracles still happen. No doubt, help this family leave this in your hands today and look unto you for the answers they are searching for now. amen
Amen
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 10:38:45 PM »
Prayers for your niece and her family and yours. Please keep us posted on her condition.
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.