8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers for Regina Megginson!!!!  (Read 21801 times)

Offline CodyH

• Veteran Member
Prayers for Regina Megginson!!!!
« on: June 02, 2006, 10:28:07 AM »
 <(' ')> <(' ')> Regina is in need of our prayers!!  She is in a Texarkana hospital and will hopefully be transfered soon.  I dont have all the details so therefore i dont want to post any incorrect information!!  Please keep her and her family in you prayers!!   <(' ')> <(' ')>
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0"  />[/url

Offline Charlotte C

• Posse Member
  • Veteran Member
    • www.cunninghambuckles.com
Re: Prayers for Regina Megginson!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 11:18:17 AM »
Prayers from Okalhoma! <(' ')> <(' ')>
My motto is from the Top Gun movie "I feel the need the need for speed"

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 11:35:34 AM »
 (((((((HUGS))))))))   and  <LUV>   headed her way. Hope everything is ok.

Cody -- sorry I missed your IM a little while ago. I'm working on auction stuff.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline Bubba Can Too

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 12:05:22 PM »
 <LUV>Prayers from Arkansas <LUV>

Offline LBrune

• Mega Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 01:16:48 PM »
I am praying for Regina to recover.  Keep the faith.  Remember our words are so powerful, so no negative words.

Offline cjakerock

• Mega Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 01:53:24 PM »
Just spoke with Jason about 30 minutes ago, and he says there is a surgery team waiting at LSU for her arrival to do immediate surgery.  I asked where the leak was and all he knew was is was "very deep" and she is critical.  They have her sedated at the moment for the flight and will let you know as I hear anything, or if anyone hears anything please post.  Prayers is all we can do for now.
Till we meet again, I love you Dad 1/25/35 - 4/30/11

Offline Shanda

• Posse Member
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 03:17:27 PM »
prayers for regina!!!! (((((((HUGS)))))))) Lord please put your hand on Regina and let her make a full recovery <LUV>
I do my best, God does the rest!!!

Offline CodyH

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 03:23:52 PM »
Just got an update!  Regina is at LSU-S but they have not taken her in to surgery yet.  They are running test at the moment.  She is awake and talking to them!!  Please keep her in your prayers!!   (((((((HUGS))))))))
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0"  />[/url

Offline sparky

• Extreme Member
  • Missing Shay!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 08:12:32 PM »
Regina made it through surgery. All the prayers have been wonderful. She is doing well and the immediate danger is over. They will be keeping her for observation for 7 to 10 days.

Cassie

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 11:43:07 PM »
Prayers and good energy going her way.  May she have a speedy recovery and may God give her family comfort during this time and always. (((((((HUGS)))))))) <LUV>

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 11:55:05 AM »
Deanna emailed this morning with great news  >PEACE<

I just talked to Ronnie, and she is MUCH better today...........she is talking!  Her speech was a concern because of the location of the rupture.  They are not letting her walk yet.  Thank you for all the prayers!
deanna
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline amplifly

• Extreme Member
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 04:13:19 PM »
That is awesome news!!  :()& Prayers still going up for her and her family!  <(' ')>
God is AWESOME!! :)

Offline cowmama

• Novice Member
  • All things are possible
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 05:19:35 PM »
Thank u God for answering our prayers for Renginia.  Love her and heal her.  Sue Slack

Offline Ridin' On Faith

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 08:24:31 PM »
What a blessing!  Once again....prayers work!  <(..)>

Offline crosbend

• Extreme Member
  • Go Roy!
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 10:28:51 PM »
Hello everyone! This is Deanna............I talked to Ronnie several times today Regina is doing as well as expected. She is really hurting today, and in a lot of pain.  They cannot give her enough painkillers to do any good, because they have to be constantly monitoring her brain, and the painkillers will interfere with that,be praying for pain relief for her!  We know that God will answer our prayers.........because the Dr. said that over half of the people who have brain aneurysms never make it to the hospital.  So we need to just keep lifting Regina up!  Also, the Swelling of the Brain and the amount of blood on the brain is still a concern.  She is at risk for strokes now. 

I know you are all wondering what happened.......here is what Regina told me Friday morning before they took her to Shreveport.  She said that she had been riding Rowland.  She was cleaning his feet out, and noticed a loose nail.  She got the nippers, and worked for a while trying to pull the nail out, she was bent over for a couple or 3 minutes.........when she raised up, she said that her whole head felt real warm.........then came the pain, like she had been shot in the head.  When Ronnie found her, she was leaning up against the washing stocks running water over her at the neck.  He said he carried her to the house.  She got to feeling a little better, then has another bout.........this time much, much worse. (this happened around 5:30pm Thursday evening)  Ronnie took her to the hospital!  They were in the ER for 2 hours WAITING!!, and nothing happening.......Regina thought she felt better, so she wanted to go, so they went to her sister's house (who lives in Texarkana).  She was ok for a while, then that is  when it hit her!  Unbearable pain and seizures!  They had to call the ambulance to get her back to the hospital.
It took until Friday morning to find the aneurysm.  Then it was decided by her dr. to send her to LSU Medical Center for the surgery.  (could not get her into a dallas hospital, no beds)  So, we all took off to Shreveport.  We all beat her there by a little over an hour.  I got to see and talk to her when she got to LSU.  Needless to say she was so scared, but so glad to see us all there.  Regina has a wonderful family, a praying family!!!  She did not go into surgery until around 5:30pm.  She was out by 8pm.  We were lead to believe that the surgery went better than expected, because we were told it could take up to 5 hours.  Courtney Hughes rode to Shreveport with me.  Billie Ruth Hankins and Carrie Byrd also came over from Linden with lots of goodies for us to snack on! 
LETS ALL KEEP PRAYING!!!  OUR DEAR FRIEND STILL NEEDS OUR PRAYERS!

Thank you, and love to all,
deanna