8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Constable Dale Geddie's family and Dep Leon and family Need Prayers  (Read 5168 times)

Offline FastnLittle

• Elite Member
  • Run With God
First I want to say hello I always log on and check your praylist because the power of prayer works.  Now I need to request prayers.  As many of you may know (I see alot of names I recognize in the East Texas area) Smith Co Constable Dale Geddie was fatally shot on Wednesday responding to a domestic disturbance.  Smith Co Deputy Leon was also shot and remains in the hospital in satisfactory condition.  Please pray for these brave officers and their friends familys.  Also pray for my coworkers who were involved in the devistating event. I really appreciate it I know the power of prayer.

Offline mammadearborn

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Constable Dale Geddie's family and Dep Leon and family Need Prayers
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 11:16:34 AM »
Prayers for Deputy Leon's complete and speedy recovery, and for Constable Geddy's family in this sorrowful time.  We should be thankful there are men and women out there that are willing to lay their lives on the line to protect and serve us.  I have a cousin that is retired off the Dallas P.D.  so know a little of what they go through to do this job.
Love Generously, Praise Loudly, Live Fully

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 04:11:23 PM »
Where's Smith County?

Prayers for all those involved.

It seems like there have been a lot of police involved shootings going on lately. I think I've heard of 2 or 3 THIS WEEK just LOCALLY (within a couple counties of here).

Its pretty scary for me just to think that society has become so ugly, but also because I have 2 uncles and a cousin all working for a local PD.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 06:56:09 AM »
Many prayers from the Gould family
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline FastnLittle

• Elite Member
  • Run With God
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 10:57:32 AM »
Thank ya'll so much.  It has been a difficult few days for all especially going back to work and being reminded he will not be there.  Smith County is Tyler, Texas.  The memorial will be today for Dep Geddie and I forgot to say that Dale was a farrier for many years and helped me to be able to make my horse with arthritis more comfortable.  He was truly a man with many talents and a wonderful personality he would help anyone.  Dep Leon remains in stable condtion in the hospital.  Thanks Everyone

Downthealley

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 11:31:29 AM »

Many prayers for all families and people involved. I am from Tyler and cannot believe all the traumatic things that have gone on since I left there. Sure is sad!!  <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline LBrune

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 11:25:10 PM »
Thank you God for these brave people who guard and protect us every day.  Where would we be without them.  Please send your strength to these families to get through the days to come. Wrap your loving arms around them and help them to find comfort during these trying days.  <LUV>

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »
So many prayers needed from all of us for so many right now. Prayers for every officer and their families, including the dispatchers, jailers and everyone that is part of your agency.
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.