8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Daughter's old barrel horse has cancer,please say prayer!  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Bell

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Daughter's old barrel horse has cancer,please say prayer!
« on: August 02, 2006, 12:35:38 PM »
 (:(((...my daughter has won lots of prizes off of old RED Fred,he has a personality beyond any horse we have ever owned,he's about 25 years old and he has taken care of her on each barrel turn and pole run! He is still up and doing pretty good for now but when he gets down we will have him put to sleep,we could never let him suffer,he is family!
He has penile cancer and vet says it will affect his being able to urinate at some point and thats when he will have to be put to sleep.There will be alot of crying going on at that point,but he will never be forgotten by us or anyone who has seen him in youth rodeos or CTBRA....CTHSA,please remember RED for us and say a prayer for him......from West,Texas....

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
Re: Daughter's old barrel horse has cancer,please say prayer!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 02:09:23 PM »
Lord, we thank you that you allow us to borrow your creatures for awhile here on earth.  It is hard to let them go back to you, to run in green pastures and play, so we ask for the strength to know when it is time and hold tight to our fond memories of this great horse.  Please help this young girl be thankful for the wonderful times and all that she had learned.  Every time she rides another horse, Red Fred will be there.  In your loving name, Amen.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline gbaby1tx

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 04:18:13 PM »
 (:(((Thanks Mom for writing about Red Fred. Also, thanks to Katy Holloway for the prayer. Just a note to let you know that Red had to be put down Oct. 3. We will all miss him very much. He was one of the best horses I have ever ridden. I will never forget him!!!!!!!!!!!!! :\\(((

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 08:29:53 AM »
I praise God for the opportunity for you to have such a wonderful blessing in Red.    I pray that you have some peace in your heart today.   You know there is no longer any suffering and never will be.  Praise You Jesus!!!!!    We are so very blessed to have a God that loves us so much, that He sends us these wonderful animals to love!     And most of all... A God that loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die for our sins.    Always remember that LOVE...  it's our strength..

God's Blessings!

Tysh

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 12:45:25 PM »
Note to Fred, please look up my old barrel horse, Bandit.  He's been running in those green pastures for a little over a year now.  He will know where all the tall, tasty grass is and will show you around. 
Surely, sometime soon, your owners heart will hurt with laughter as she remembers you instead of tears.
Our God is an awesome God!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5