8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Laura Maxwell Schumanns husband was injured while riding  (Read 5751 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Laura Maxwell Schumanns husband was injured while riding
« on: August 24, 2006, 07:58:41 AM »
Please keep Laura and her family in your prayers. 

Tamet--
Just wanted to ask everyone to please include my husband Jamie in their prayers this week.  He was riding a 3 yr old of mine Tuesday
nite back to the barn and went under the edge of a tree with him.   Like we all do he lifted his hand to push the branch back but it
snapped and broke. When it did the colt got scared and broke into lope and Jamie went to step off of him.  He landed wrong on his heel
and unfortunately broke his hip.  It was a bad break in a bad spot and he was rushed to Scott and White in Temple where they did
emergency surgery.  Surgery went fine--a plate and 3 bolts, but he is in ALOT of pain.  As you know, I'm a horsetrainer, Jamie hauls cattle
so, no insurance.  This is going to be terribly expensive. Please let everyone know, I've had lots of calls checking on us...just say a
prayer.
Thanks, Laura Maxwell Schumann
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline running the race

• Extreme Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Laura Maxwell Schumanns husband was injured while riding
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 10:58:07 AM »
Laura

You and Jamie are in our prayers.  God is good and will provide.

Ray, Judy,Crystal and Tracey Neitsch

Offline Becky Yeary

• Extreme Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 11:05:41 AM »
Hey Laura,
  So sorry to hear about your husband, Please know that myself and all of NBHA Texas 19 family  has you and your family in there prayers. (((((((HUGS)))))))), If you need us do anything please contact me. Hope Jamie is doing better and will have a speedy recovery.

Becky Yeary a & all of Texas 19

Offline LBrune

• Mega Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 01:26:10 PM »
Hey Laura we are so sorry to hear about your husband.  You can bet we will be saying prayers for both of you.  Please keep us posted.  I wish we had known ya'll were at Scott & White, we were there Wednesday for appointments.  Keep the faith and all will be alright.  Love you, Linda Brune

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 07:51:32 PM »
Hey Laura, praying for Jamie here. God Speed.

Pam
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 09:31:51 AM »
Got another update from Laura;

Tamet--
Wanted to tell you that I got to bring him home yesterday from Scott & White. He is in alot of pain, but they decided to let me bring him home. He has to go back in 2 weeks when they will decide whether the ball joint in the hip has "died" or is getting blood flow.  If it is not getting blood flow, more surgery is needed and they will do a partial hip replacement.  Usually they only see this kind of injury in lots of really old people and its the reason its so painful.  For everyone who has called "thank you".  For everyone who has thought of us "thank you".  He needs full time care right now.   Luckily I have lots of experience with ortho care as Sallie has BROKE ME IN RIGHT.  Tell everyone, feel free to call or email.  254-784-0914 or [email protected].  He really enjoys hearing from everyone.
Thanks again to all---Love, Laura
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Becky Yeary

• Extreme Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 01:53:47 PM »
Hey Laura,
  So glad that you got to bring Jamie home, I know that will help how he feels.  :()&Just somthing about being home. We are still praying and believeing that he will be fine in no time.  :later:

From everyone at NBHA Texas 19

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 10:43:26 AM »
Just a note for everyone...I know now that I'm not a very good nurse nor do I want to
be one....LOL.  Thanks for all your prayers,emails, phone calls, ect.
Jamie is doing better this week, the pain is not as great this week and I've got him up on a walker.  He is taking less and less pain killer, and we are just waiting to go back to the dr. next week to check and see if that it got the blood supply it needed to stay in good shape without more surgery.  This is a non weight bearing incident, so we just have to be very careful right now that he puts no weight on it for 6 wks and hopefully we will be in the clear.  I know the positive thoughts of my friends, and family have been a great help so keep thinking good thoughts and God Bless each of you for all you have done for us.
I'm still trying to keep them all rode at the barn, plus the house, and hubby and I'm alittle hard to reach right now--but keep calling if you need to.  Hope to see you all again soon, and THANKS AGAIN.  Love you...Laura
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~