Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Poll

"IF" you were a WPRA member and some on here are.....will you remain loyal if you are forced to choose between them?

Yes
6 (30%)
No
6 (30%)
Undecided
8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: WPRA vs. LBRA poll  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
WPRA vs. LBRA poll
« on: August 24, 2006, 09:44:34 AM »
Your votes will remain anonymous.
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
Re: WPRA vs. LBRA poll
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 10:21:22 AM »
You have to vote to see the results.........but you don't have to leave a comment so no one will know how you voted.
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline canchaser

• Sharon (smith) McCallum
  • Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 10:26:12 AM »
that's a hard choice to make at this time. yes, loyalty is with the wpra. but if as a wpra member only you are unable to reach the nfr, and that is the way you make your living, aren't you seriously going to consider the professional women's barrel racing association?
without all the ducks being counted on both sides of the fence, i don't see how it's possible to answer that question and KNOW that's how you're going to feel when the dust settles.
i want to see how the wpra is going to pull themselves up by the boot straps and make it financially lucrative NOT to go to the pwbra. although, i suspect most br's who make their living in professional rodeo will become pwbra members. IF the money stays. (woohoo)
how do people get thru life without a horse?
"...I've been around and I've found that the going's easy when the road is flat... God gave us mountains so we could learn how to climb..."..Lone Star

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 10:33:18 AM »
The NFR does have A LOT to do with everyone's decision.  I think the pro barrel racer's will do whatever they have to do to continue running at PRCA rodeos & have a chance to run at the NFR.  It doesn't really matter what association they have to join, in the end it's all about the NFR.
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline belles3838

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 11:51:19 AM »
I agree with Christi... A lot of them depend on the ranking and wins at the NFR for sponsorship, clinics, endorsements etc.  It would be hard for them to chose not to go to the NFR.  The only way I see things changing is if everyone boycotts NFR this year.  I don't see that happening.  The PRCA commASSioner has the WPRA in a tight spot.