8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: HELP-Stolen Purse with Buckles  (Read 1638 times)

Offline oregonrodeo20

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
HELP-Stolen Purse with Buckles
« on: August 22, 2006, 09:23:09 PM »
Ok I know this is a long shot, but any help we can get is great. A good friend had her car stollen right out of the driveway late Sunday (8/20) evening/early Monday morning from just outside of Boise, Idaho. Inside the car was her leather satchel purse which had her late husband's All Around buckle attached on it. Also inside the purse was his 2005 ICA Calf Roping Champion buckle. At this point it is not the car that she cares about as muchas it is the return of the purse with the buckle on it and the other buckle located inside. The buckles I believe have her husband's name on them which is Blaise Black.

I realize that it is not likely that they will show up that far away, but then again one never knows what thieves may do, after all they had the nerve to walk inside the house and take her keys off a table by the door before steeling her car. They also stole it knowing that several trailers with cowboys sleeping were only about 10 feet away. Any information is greatly appreciated as this is alot for any person to handle, especially as Lindsey just lost Blaise in a tragic accident just over a month ago.

If anyone has any information or sees them on eBay, at a pon shop, or anywhere please notify me at [email protected].

Thank you, Terena Ream

Offline canchaser

• Sharon (smith) McCallum
  • Dinosaur!
Re: HELP-Stolen Purse with Buckles
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 08:50:58 AM »
OMG!!! tears and prayers are with her!! we will definitely keep our eyes peeled.
how do people get thru life without a horse?
"...I've been around and I've found that the going's easy when the road is flat... God gave us mountains so we could learn how to climb..."..Lone Star

Offline Rita Barnett

• Elite Member
  • Rita & Willows Starduster ( Booger Dan )
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 09:00:33 AM »
Bless her heart    how sad

Offline FastnLittle

• Elite Member
  • Run With God
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 09:12:41 AM »
I am sure she reported it to the police but she may want to keep an eye out at the pawn shops.  She might even alert them if she can so they can keep an eye out.  If the sorry thieves found out about the buckles being worth anything in cash they will go straight to the pawn shop with them.  Many prayers for her in this difficult time. (((((((HUGS)))))))) <(' ')>

Offline oregonrodeo20

• Novice Member
Re: HELP-Stolen Purse with Buckles UPDATE
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 09:29:30 PM »
Good news, just got word that Lindsey's car has been found as well as her purse and buckles still inside. Haven't talked to her yet to get the details, but it sounds as if there was enough talk about what happened that the thieves decided it wasn't worth it. Thanks for everyone who read the above post and kept an eye out. Good luck with all your races, I hope to get back down South soon (just have to get through school first). Thanks again, Terena

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 09:33:21 PM »
 :()&
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline mammadearborn

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 10:56:30 PM »
Praise be.  That is so wonderful for her.
Love Generously, Praise Loudly, Live Fully

Offline FastnLittle

• Elite Member
  • Run With God
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 11:02:27 AM »
I must say power of prayer.  <ROCKON> <(' ')> >PEACE< <(' ')>

Offline oregonrodeo20

• Novice Member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 02:44:36 PM »
Talked to Lindsey today and her car was returned basically untouched. It just seems amazing that everything worked out ok. So basically the who ever stole her car drove it for a while and then just dumped it off. Just thought I would give everyone an update. Thanks again, Terena

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 04:20:46 PM »
 :()& >PEACE< 8) (((((((HUGS))))))))
I would hate to have something stolen but much less something so precious and priceless as those buckles!!!!  Glad everything worked out for her!!
To be a champion inside the arena, be a champion outside the arena!  (Deb Mohon's words to me-1999)

I ride in hopes and prayers that Bess may walk again one day!