8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Please pray for Kelly Whitehead's dad - Updated 12/30  (Read 11002 times)

Offline Broken W

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Please pray for Kelly Whitehead's dad - Updated 10/14
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 10:15:43 PM »
I want to Thank everyone for their prayers and support. It means more to me than you know. Thank you so much Tracy for everything and helping me keep things updated. It is really hard to get on here and read everything and to talk about it. It's my Dad, you know? I have always looked up to him, he has always been so strong.
I do understand what you are saying Laura, and thank you, but it is hard to know that my time might be very short w/ him. I'm still staying very positive that the Lord will see him through this. He has to right?
My Dad goes back to the Doctor on Wednesday and he said he was going to have his mind made up by then on whether or not he was going to receive treatment or not. We now know it has not spread to his bones or his brain, but there is a spot on a muscle.
I am going to Alabama on Thursday so I will know more then.
Thanks again for all your prayers. I wish I had the words to tell you all how much it means.
Kelly

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 08:21:41 AM »
Kelly...   Don't for one moment forget how much the Franklin family loves you.   I wish there was something I could do for you.   I continue to pray for healing and a strength none of you have ever seen before.   Have a blessed trip to Alabama.   

If you need anything you know you can call me..    Look to our Father God.   He is there to life you up.

I love you!!!

Tysh

Offline DEB BARNES

• TRUELY BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • RIDING ON FAITH
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 10:48:02 AM »
kelly your family is in my prayersm my dad as well has bone marrow cancer , kidney failure, heart disease and there wonting to open heart on him and he says no, he says he has lived his life and is doing ok he is so weak it is very hard to see them this way but as laura says it is better to be able to spend time with them than to not be able to say goodby i lost my mother at age 20 and she was in a coma and it flored me and now my dad is in this shape and im 41 almost 20 yrs later but a little over, god bless you my friend i know exactually what you are going thur just be storng and dont let this get you down as well i know how that is too, im at this time very sick as well, god bless you and your family you as so much in my prayers..Deborah Barnes
HAVE FAITH GOD WILL SEE YOU THRU...

Downthealley

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 11:24:36 AM »

Kelly, Im still praying for you and your family! This is the same thing that my grandmother had this year. I asked for prayers for a great surgery (they only gave her a small chance to live through surgery) and she is still going strong. Please dont give up hope and look to the Lord for everything.

Love ya girl!

if ya need anything there are plenty of us here to help you  (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline olneykat

• Elite Member
  • Just smile...make people wonder what you're up to!
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 02:00:42 PM »
Kelly - I don't know you or your family but my prayers are with each and every one of you! Please let your dad know that his will to live and his faith in God are the way! My dad was diagnosed with inoperable cancer and was given 6 months with treatment and 2 weeks without. He opted for the treatment and we were blessed with his presence for a little over 3 years...and yes, the 3 years were full quality life! No sickness, no pain! He just let the Lord take control and kept a positive outlook! He wore a chemo pump 24 / 7 and never slowed down at all!  I do know how you feel...the anger, the hurt, the sickness in the pit of your stomach...but most of all the emptiness! 

Don't stop believing or praying! God DOES WORK MIRACLES!  Give your dad a hug from me (I am a daddy's girl).  God Bless you and your family!  Don't forget your mom during all of this - I know my mom played strong but was hurting inside all along!

God Bless!

Kathy Cribbs
KC

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
Re: Please pray for Kelly Whitehead's dad - Updated 10/25
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 03:46:24 PM »
Thought I'd give you all an update.  Kelly and her family went to Alabama this past weekend to visit her dad.  She found out that his cancer is in stage 4 (final stage) and that it has spread to his lymph nodes.  She said he has lost a lot of weight just since he was here visiting a few weeks ago. 

All of your kind words and prayers are so nice and bring tears to my eyes.  I know that Kelly really appreciates all of it so much!  The family is trusting in the Lord and trying to stay strong.  Thank you all for keeping her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.  Please continue to pray for them.  As soon as I know more, I will let you know.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 03:50:45 PM by Tracy Henderson »

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
Re: Please pray for Kelly Whitehead's dad - Updated 12/30
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 11:09:54 PM »
I am sorry to report that Kelly's dad passed away last night, 12/29 at approx. 11:10pm.

Please continue to remember the family in your prayers.  Kelly and her family will be traveling to Alabama for the funeral on Tuesday.

Kelly did get to go to Alabama last weekend and spend some quality time with her dad for which she is so grateful.

If anyone would like to send Kelly a condolence card, you can email me for her address at [email protected] or send me a pm.  I would post it on here, but I'm not sure about posting it on a bulletin board so I'd feel better if you either pm me or email me and I'll give it to you that way.

Downthealley

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2006, 03:19:30 PM »

this isnt the news I wanted to come home to.

Im sooo sorry to hear!

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2006, 03:36:28 PM »
My deepest sympathy goes out to you, Kelly, and your family.  May God hold you in His hands with much comfort.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 08:15:44 PM »
Kelly, I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. That is the hardest thing to go through. I lost mine in 2003. But, mine was here one day and gone the next, and in a coma in between. You will always cherish the last time you talked to him. I am praying for you and your family. Let the Lord help you through this.

Candy Schulz
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!