General Category > General Discussion

Horse Trailer Inspection & Farm Tag Crackdown in Texas????

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mandi:
I passed a Chevy Avalanche (or I think that is what its called...looks like a blazer, but with a 'bed') the other day with farm tags. It had definitely never seen a bit of dust in its life either.

burnintheturns:

--- Quote from: Mandi on November 11, 2006, 10:12:30 AM ---I passed a Chevy Avalanche (or I think that is what its called...looks like a blazer, but with a 'bed') the other day with farm tags. It had definitely never seen a bit of dust in its life either.

--- End quote ---

That is so laughable!  I have seen chevy jimmy's with farm tags on them and I know better.  All to save maybe $10-15!  Cut out about three packs of cigarettes, or 10-12 soda waters, or three extra value meals from McDonald's or whatever and they could have regular street tags if they are so hard up for money.  Folks wanna screw the government out of money, quit speeding and breaking traffic laws but don't screw the folks who deserve the farm tags.  If folks aren't careful they will do away with the farm tag program.  Heck, hubby's grandparents are old, retired farmers and they run regular street tags on their truck and they could do to save a dollar but they don't. . .and all they do is go to the doctor, the grocery store, the feed store, they deer lease, take kiddos to school when we are in a bind or pick the kiddos up from school when needed to.  Maybe they need to start making people show affidavits or tax records in order to re-register or to new-register vehicles for farm tags but like everybody else, I feel that would be invasive as to privacy and they already have too much access as it is.

Off my soapbox now. . .

tag:
Well, I spoke with my ex-husband this weekend.  He lives near Whitesboro.  He said they are pulling people over left & right up there for inspection, farm tags and CDL stuff.  He's friends with a vet up there, and I guess that's where he got his information.

Dawnya:
Seems like this rears it's ugly head every year.
Farm tags on a trailer is hard to contest because you're hauling a horse for sale, right?!
As far as inspection, what?  Brakeaway box?  Safety chains?  Lights?  All the stuff that should be there anyway?
Farm trucks .... Keep a t-post in the back.  ??
My truck is registered as highway-use altho it's rarely unhooked from the horse trailer.

Trisha:
I just wanted to reply to see what it said for my OS next to my name!!! hehehe.  Then again, I am on the "new" computer at Teresa's desk.  Crap. I am sleep deprived. Don't mind me.  <()> <DUMMY ME>  My trailer weighs 398475376567 pounds and has tags that expired in June of 2005. There we go, I am stayin on topic.  OH, and my trailer's battery is dead. YAY. I am SO legal. LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version