8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers for Pat & Bob Hennings  (Read 6241 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Prayers for Pat & Bob Hennings
« on: November 13, 2006, 07:14:54 AM »
Everyone keep Pat Hennings and her husband Bob in your prayers.    Her barn was destroyed in an explosion and Bob was seriously injured.  No horses were injured
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline FastnLittle

• Elite Member
  • Run With God
Re: Prayers for Pat & Bob Hennings
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 08:44:37 AM »
Many prayers for this family during this difficult time.  Tamet, what happened?   <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 09:23:48 AM »
Just got this in an email and am posting so yall will know more of what happened. 

Horrible accident here. Bob was in barn explosion caused from static electricity. I was out by stock pens, heard loud explosion, black smoke at horse barn, Bob was yelling for help and I ran in the hallway of barn, thick black smoke, whole wall was warped out, he was leaning against wall at hall door and I tried to open. Unable to bulge it. I ran out to west side of barn and entry door there. I opened it into black smoke filled room, flame at left of me and I screamed for Bob and I guess he was too dazed to respond, so I went in the barn, grabbed his arm and ordered him to follow me. We got out and I took him toward the house and told him to stand and not go any closer to barn and I ran in and called 911, barely got my call through, because the next minute or so the phone line went dead due to the flaming fire in the barn burned something over there. Our phone was originally put in at the horse barn and later to the house. By then a couple of neighbors had heard the blast and saw the black smoke and they came and then fire trucks and ambulance. They spent time stablizing Bob in the ambulance and then I rode with him to Hamilton. He was admitted there and stayed until Friday about 5pm and then they sent him by ambulance to Scott and White. He is still there. His face, top frontal part of his head, both hands have second degree burns and the velocity of the blast throwed him against the wall and he can't lift his right arm without lifting it with the other hand, and then it falls with a jerk and hurts him. All in all, we are lucky so far. He did not die, and so far his lungs have remained clear. What was so bad about this, he was just getting over extensive heart surgery and had even been able to decrease some of his medicines, and now he is so discouraged. With God's help and prayers this too shall pass. It will be a difficult recovery for the healing process. Please pray for Bob and pray that he won't be so depressed and hopeless.
Love,
Patsy
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline LBrune

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 10:04:18 AM »
I'm so sorry Pat.  Tell Bob I am thinking about and will be sending prayers for him and you too!
You have been such a good friend to me and I just wish that this hadn't happened to you.
Bless both of you.

Offline Charlcie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 11:41:38 AM »
Our prayers go out.

Offline turninthree

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 08:55:01 PM »
OMG!  I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers for Bob and Pat. 
Cathy Peacock

Offline chasin3

• Novice Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 07:43:42 AM »
Patsy has been one of my very best friends... Pat you know I am praying for you and Bob...you are both strong people and will get through this....We are all thinking of you. (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 08:59:37 AM »
to anyone who knows how to get ahold of Pat----please tell her that I just now heard
about this accident, that I have been so busy I have not been on here to read about
it---and am only about 10 miles from her house....please give her my phone number--
254-784-0914, and tell her to please call me if she needs help doing anything out
at her house, feeding horses, or checking on things while she is with her husband
at the hospital, I am close by and will be more than happy to go over and check on
things for  her.  I know how running back and forth to the hospital can be and trying
to get it all done!!  I would appreciate it if you would pass the word to her.
Thanks, Laura
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline toooldtocare

• Extreme Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 09:54:31 AM »
Thank you Lord that YOU ARE in the midst of the situation. Your word says walk by faith not by sight. Satan can't have what is already the Lord's!! I pray by faith everything that was destroyed in this fire will be recovered-in full. You are awesome Lord, thank you for giving your angels charge over Bob and protecting him during this horrible explosion. Thank you for this morning and hearing our prayers. amen

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 08:08:32 AM »
How terrible!  Prayers for Bob to make a quick recovery.

Offline marlee

• Novice Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 11:13:06 AM »
Hey, Pat. I'm keeping you & Bob in my prayers. That's really sad to hear but I'm thankful that it wasn't any worse as it could have been. I pray Bob recovers fast and is back on his feet in no time. You take care of yourself too and hope to see you in the arena soon!! Miss seeing you. -------marlee romine

Offline RunningOnPaints

• Mega Member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 03:39:35 PM »
Prayers for Bob....