8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Hal Churchill, John Ray Powell and Paul Herrera in Auto Accident  (Read 3215 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Hal Churchill, John Ray Powell and Paul Herrera in Auto Accident
« on: November 15, 2006, 05:31:39 AM »
As many of you may have heard, Hal Churchill, John Ray Powell and Paul Herrera had a wreck just outside San Angelo, in the wee
hours of Friday night/Saturday morning.  They were returning from Oklahoma trip to look at rope horses.  Hal was driving and a DPS trooper pulled out in front of them in pursuit of someone speeding past them.  They swerved to miss DPS, overcorrected;
their truck with empty horse trailer crossed median, oncoming traffic lane and rolled at least once as it went into deep ditch.
Thankfully, the DPS and speedster both came back to help.

All have now been released from the hospital.  Hal was wearing seatbelt and was bunged up but least injured.  Paul was in
passenger side; he cracked vertebrae in his neck, has bruise on his head and will have to wear a neck brace for 3 months.  John
Ray broke 3 vertebrae in his neck and will wear a halo for next three months; hopefully his other internal injuries may just be
bruising. 

John Ray has gone home to Hal's house for rest and recuperation.  Hal and John Ray can be reached by calling (325) 465-4720.

This morning, Charlie reported that Paul was doing OK, and that we could reach Paul by calling (512) 376-2621.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers and share with others who might want to know.

Jane A
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.