8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Prayers for tornado victim  (Read 11817 times)

Offline ntbb

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Prayers for tornado victim
« on: December 30, 2006, 02:14:43 PM »
Lyndal Wilkerson lost her home in the tornado that come through the Cleburne/Rio Vista area yesterday.  It killed one of her horses and I understand they are going to have to put down another, thank God she is okay.  Her house and barn are completely gone.  For those of you who may not know Lyndal she has been a barrel racer around here for years.  I don't think she has any insurance and could use our prayers and help.  I will post more information when I find out. 

Mary Etta

You can go to http://www.ebarrelracing.com/lyndalwilkerson.html and make donations
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 07:49:11 AM by Tamet Gould »

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Re: prayers for tornado victim
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 02:26:41 PM »
My Prayers go out to her.  Mary Etta as soon as you find out about that let me know and I will try to have it in place by Monday.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline turninthree

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 04:38:55 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about this.  My heart and prayers go out to you Lyndal.
Cathy Peacock

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 05:33:42 PM »
Oh my gosh, Lyndal!  I don't think I know you but my heart and prayers go out to you.  About a year and half ago straight line winds took out our workshop and a room in my house.  Thank God I was not hurt, even though I was in the house.  I sure do know how scary that can be.  I am very sorry to hear about your horses, they are so like family to us all. 
Dear Lord, please give Lyndal comfort and peace right now as only you can.  Please let her feel your love and the love of others surround her now in her time of need.  Thank you, in Jesus name, Amen.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline RunningOnPaints

• Mega Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 05:46:56 PM »
My heart filled prayers go out to you... May God continue to watch over you....

God Bless

Offline FastnLittle

• Elite Member
  • Run With God
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 06:11:13 PM »
Many praise to Lynda and all the tornado victims!

Offline Dawnya

• Official Wal-Mart Greeter
  • Posse Member
  • Elite Member
    • www.roadkillmercantile.com
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 07:02:03 PM »
thanks everyone.  i will pass the prayers and well wishes on to lyndal. the hurt horse was put down this  morning.  we tried! so very sad and devistating.
Beware of paranoia

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 11:13:47 PM »
Lyndal, I am so sorry!  My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 11:16:39 PM »
My thoughts and prayers go out to you!!!

Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline ntbb

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 11:31:53 PM »
I went to Lyndal's today and it is really devistating - the whole area has a lot of destruction.  So hard to see those things we treasure, that can't be replaced ruined and gone, plus loosing your animals, that is so awful.  It is by the grace of God that Lyndal made it through, the outside wall of the closet she was in is gone, it is amazing that she wasn't sucked out too.  I heard that Shellie McQuarie's barn was damaged too, I am not sure of the extent of it yet.  I am going to have a jar on Monday at the barrel race if anyone would like to help out.

Thanks everyone for your prayers!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 06:30:51 AM »
I have driven by her house.  It is horrible to see, its like 3/4 of the way up the walls of the house everything was ripped off and thrown to the sky.   Stuff was scattered all over everywhere.  My prayers go out to her.  My prayers went out to everyone that I knew was in the path of that Tornado the day I stood in the front yard watching it.

I will be setting her up an account so you can make donations to help her.  I will post the link when I get the page set up.  Mary Etta said Lyndal was staying with a friend and had her horses with her, and that she has plenty of clothing now so hopefully we can help her with things she is going to need.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline ntbb

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 09:06:25 AM »
Here are some pictures that Lyndal's niece posted:

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 09:12:42 AM »
Geez, I dont see how she survived that.  The good Lord was watching over her.

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 11:22:06 AM »
 OMG   That is so horrible!!!  More prayers are going out to her.
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 04:44:17 PM »
Just got back from Lyandal's house.  BIG THANKS TO JACKIE DAVENPORT for coming over and barrying (sp?) the mare.  He was there within minutes and it didnt take him long.  There was family and friends there going thru things doing their best to recover what they could.  I got to see the closet that Lyndal was in and I dont know how she didnt get sucked out becasue there was no back side to it.  Took lots of pics and video hopefully something will come of it. 

Im trying to get a donation account set up for her and hopefully have it going by in the morning so if you can help in anyway please open your heart and checkbook for her.   I will post the link when I get it going.